Thank You, Scott, Satellite Guys & Dish Network! (NEW PHOTOS ADDED)

Thanks for the great pics and updates TNGTony. Did you hear anything on new five or more satellite switches? Is the DPP64 switch not going to happen now? Will the new 722K with the OTA optional piece connected be able to record four channels at the same time? Glad yall had a nice time. Thanks again.

Was there any word that the HD only pack will continue next year??

I know we got a deal this year with the $29.99 price, so I am sure if it is it will be much higher.

Was there any word that the HD only pack will continue next year??

I know we got a deal this year with the $29.99 price, so I am sure if it is it will be much higher.

Good queston! Also, Did anyone ask abount adding access to the Regional Sports Channels and the $5.99 Sports package,
For customers who sub to the DishHD package?

Dish will be pushing the $29.99 HD Only Package (which they gave a new name which escapes me at the moment) heavily in the next few months.

About the RSN's they are tying to get rights to be able to offer them as an add on to the HD only package.

Well sorry that all of us cant just take off and go. It was also limited to a certain number. I am not trying to be negative I just want a little info. Thanks for everything Scott and guys.:D

"Welcome to the SatelliteGuys Meet and Greet...everyone sign your NDAs on the way in the door!"

I figured Charlie would clam up going into one of these the second time around...I was wrong...he just swore everyone to secrecy apparently.

LOL...j/k. Glad everyone had a good time! :D

Dish will be pushing the $29.99 HD Only Package (which they gave a new name which escapes me at the moment) heavily in the next few months.

About the RSN's they are tying to get rights to be able to offer them as an add on to the HD only package.

OK, what escapes me is that how can E* keep it at $29.99 while adding all the channels that they have, plus ESPN's and now maybe the RSN? Haven't all the MSO's and DBS companies been saying they need to keep raising costs due to programming, especially sports channels and here's E* adding all these mainstream channels and sports at a price lower the the SD packages. Don't get me wrong, it's great if E* can do this, just confused by what distributors have said in the past and what E*'s doing now.

BTW if you were there yesterday please post your photos...

I gave Ilya my Camera to take pictures and he did... only one problem, I forgot to put a memory card in the camera. (doh!)

So post em if you got them. :)

OK, what escapes me is that how can E* keep it at $29.99 while adding all the channels that they have, plus ESPN's and now maybe the RSN?
If you think about it, it is no different from D* offering their palette of HD channels (if not HD programming) for $20. In both cases, there's some heavy subsidies from the SD viewer community.

Not to mention that my $29.99 HD-Only package is still grossing E* $90.94 (with locals, 3 Movie Premiums, 1 extra receiver fee, 2 DVR fees, and DHPP). There are lots of ways to make up for such a low base price...

I dont know how they did it, but they did it. Its the only ALL HD package available anywhere. And it is not going anywhere. :)
Glad to hear it. The dishHD (only) package is the best tool Dish currently has to attract new (and retain existing) HD customers. Adding more channels with HD in their logo just makes this tool more valuable to Dish and dishHD (only) subs :)

IMHO new HD customers are probably far more interested in the amount of HD and the overall cost for HD service, than the details of which provider has the best Receiver/DVR, etc..

Talon Dancer

"Welcome to the SatelliteGuys Meet and Greet...everyone sign your NDAs on the way in the door!"

I figured Charlie would clam up going into one of these the second time around...I was wrong...he just swore everyone to secrecy apparently.

LOL...j/k. Glad everyone had a good time! :D

But SURELY there are some things those that attended can tell us about. <begin whine> p l e a s e ? <end whine>

My apologies to anyone that doesn't like to be called Shirley.

[

That is great news Scott! Hopefully this can get done before the start of college football. I would personally be more then happy to pay extra for the RSN.......and the access to the "Sports Package" so I can get the BTN for foortball. Maybe they can bundle the locals and RSN like they do with the AT100 package? DishHD+

Thank you Scott and the rest of the satelliteguys reps. A special thanks to Charlie and the Dish Network company for inviting it's key customers to this event. Too bad the competition doesn't do that. It is so nice when a company is able to open up it's doors and learn what the public wants and doesn't want. Some day I hope I have the time and resources to attend and help out.

Thanks for the pictures and the brief peek into where the company is going. Makes my happy I made the right choice in having Dish Network my only MSO provider now.

I gave Ilya my Camera to take pictures and he did... only one problem, I forgot to put a memory card in the camera. (doh!)

DOH!!!!! I forgot to take a memory card with me too. But at least my camera told me so when I took a few pix in the atrium (Cascade area). Lucky for me the gift shop had some wildly overpriced memory cards. Anything in a pinch. :)

Was the group shot taken with your camera? I want a full-size copy of that one. I know I saw at least another camera clicking on for that too.

See ya
Tony

Was the group shot taken with your camera? I want a full-size copy of that one. I know I saw at least another camera clicking on for that too.

See ya
Tony
No that picture was taken by the Dish Network corporate photographer. Hopefully I have those pictures in the next day or so.

One think that I noticed after we took the picture is that once again Eric Sahl escaped the photo. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)