Thank You, Scott, Satellite Guys & Dish Network! (NEW PHOTOS ADDED)

No news on Logo.

The Logo Channel Logo was shown in MTV Networks promos but that promo showed all of MTV Networks offerings and contained all kinds of services TV and otherwise)

Dear god! One day with Chuck in the room and you're all eating out of the palm of his hand; again... No wonder this cycle is repeated every single year. Let's fast forward just for the sake of saving time... Things were said, promises were made, business plans change and half the crap you know he'll do the opposite of when he returns to Englewood tomorrow morning... Then everyone will get all upset that they can't put trust in reassuring words.

People just never learn... Charlie wouldn't know how to "invest" outside of his inner circle (um, that'd be Eric Sahl, DeFranco and Carlson) if his life depended on it.

I hate round tables...

I went to last year's event, and I can tell you it is not like that at all. For example YES was discussed. Dish's side of it was that they felt it was a better business decision to have a package cost $5/month less by not including an RSN for sales. They felt they gained more customers nationwide by having AT100 without the RSN even though they lost customers in the NY area. Essentially if YES no longer demanded to be put in the base AT100 package Dish would be happy to carry it.

They were simple strait forward answers to questions. Nothing complicated about it. You might not personally agree with their view, but they would give the facts as they see them.

Nothing has changed on this in the past year. Dish's stance is exactly the same.

Dish did not get to where it is by making bad decision after bad decision. Companies that do that end up out of business. Yes every company makes bad decisions, but they have to make more good ones than bad ones to stay in business. Just as they are free to make the decisions that they do you are free to decide to sub or not.

Why would he not stick with the people that have made him billions? Why not stick with what works?

Was there any discussion of the HD Ultimate package? Thoughts of adjusting it's pricing or in some other way increasing it's value perhaps? I haven't dropped it yet because I was waiting for the dust to settle before making any moves. If the dust has settled and there are no changes planned in the short term then it's time to drop it...

I don't remember that being asked, dangue. It was a question I had in my head when the discussion first started, but the conversation meandered off the subject and the question fell out of my head.

See ya
Tony

Was there any discussion of the HD Ultimate package? Thoughts of adjusting it's pricing or in some other way increasing it's value perhaps? I haven't dropped it yet because I was waiting for the dust to settle before making any moves. If the dust has settled and there are no changes planned in the short term then it's time to drop it...
One page back, #46 & 49.

They have no control over what the programmers send them, they are bound to send the video over the same way their receive it. If your not happy with the stretch o vision then you need to contact the programmer directly as they are the only ones who cn change their ways.

But the real reality is that we have no way of contacting the programmer directly.

EchoStar are the ones who have real contacts at the programmers, the customers do not.

It's not "OAR" snobbery - It would be tolerable if the picture was simply zoomed to fill the screen.

Even if it was just stretched, I could probably get someone at Engineering to an "unstretch" position to the format but.

It's the weird non-constant stretching that people are calling "stretch-o-vision". Many people get physically nauseated when the camera pans, and the images does weird, disconcerting things.

It's hard to avoid even if you have the SD channel available, because the Guide listings - as usual - do not correctly identify the HD programs.

It would just help for EchoStar to contact Scripps and Turner and say "listen, most of our HD channel providers do not do this, and our customers are complaining about it."

One page back, #46 & 49.

That's the HD Only package. I'm talking about the HD Ultimate package. It used to provide an additional 19 channels over the essentials package for an additional $10 a month, but with the loss of Voom now only provides an additional 7 channels (one of them being 4:3 SD Fishing) for that same $10.

I was really hoping for some good news about this package to avoid dropping down.

I don't remember that being asked, dangue. It was a question I had in my head when the discussion first started, but the conversation meandered off the subject and the question fell out of my head.

See ya
Tony

Thanks for the info Tony. Here's hoping Scott heard something that he can share when he talked to Charlie before the meet and greet.

I respect he privacy of your conversation and I am only looking for a simple yes or no answer. Was VOOm discussed and customer's unhappiness with the decision? As a horror fan, I cry when I turn on Chiller and not Monsters HD.

I respect he privacy of your conversation and I am only looking for a simple yes or no answer. Was VOOm discussed and customer's unhappiness with the decision? As a horror fan, I cry when I turn on Chiller and not Monsters HD.

Do Ctl-F "Voom" on Page 1 of this thread.
Do same on next page.
Repeat

Eventually you will find it.

If you would take the time to read earlier posts, Scott said that yes in deed Voom was discussed and that customer response was not as heavy as expected.

Thanks. I went back and saw the notes I missed; sorry for asking. One last thing I will say though is that it sucks that customers are caught in the middle of a pissing contest, but then again, when were customers never screwed in the past :( :( :(

Yes it was discussed.
And the amount of complaints they got about it was a lot lower then they expected and have almost dropped off to zero. And the wave of the origional complaints they got were the same customers calling again and again.

As it stands now it's $1.42/channel to add the Ultimate package. Way over priced. Customers have to be downgrading left and right to the Essentials package.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts