Thank You, Scott, Satellite Guys & Dish Network! (NEW PHOTOS ADDED)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It was kind of ironic to see VOOM as a Team Summit sponsor...
I guess they paid for their sponsorship long in advance.

Are the nfl and ncaa satellites available and if so how are you able to get one? I have never seen that before and looking at the pictures on page 5 I was curious.

Thanks in advance!

Scott you said more HD will be comming in a month. I know you can't go into detail, but do you think we will get more before the Charlie Chat in June, and about how many are they talking about, 2 to 5 channels, 6 to 10 channels, greater than 10 channels? If you don't feel comfortable answering I understand, no problem, I will just have to wait a month or so to find out. However, if you can give a little details it would be appreciated.

No real numbers were given. We were told and it was mentioned in the General assembly that a group would launch in the summer and another wave would hit in the fall.

No numbers were given. But they were happy that soon they would be on a level field (if not a few channels ahead) of DirecTV.

As far as price changes, the answer is no. There will be no price change. As far as additional content for Ultimate, nothing was mentioned.
Was the question actually asked:
" Now that Voom is gone, and there are 15 less channels in HD Ultimate, will the price be lowered? "

(or equivalent question worded differently) ?

Or are you just saying that no price decrease was mentioned ?

Are the nfl and ncaa satellites available and if so how are you able to get one? I have never seen that before and looking at the pictures on page 5 I was curious.

Thanks in advance!

They are available. When I was at one of the University of Tennessee games last year someone from Dish came by and gave me a TN cover for my 1000.2 that looks great. I haven't taken a picture of it though. I need to change my avatar to that. So for me it was free! As Charlie went to TN undergrad and is from the area Dish has stepped up their sponsorship of TN football so I'm guessing that is why they were giving them out.

Was the question actually asked:
" Now that Voom is gone, and there are 15 less channels in HD Ultimate, will the price be lowered? "

(or equivalent question worded differently) ?
Or are you just saying that no price decrease was mentioned ?
I said what I meant, and I meant what I said. :) I couldn't have stated it any plainer than I did.

See ya
Tony

The meet & greet was a good time. Charlie took us on a tour of his private jet, pretty cool inside:
attachment.php

While we were in the jet, he suggested a quick little safari in Africa. No one objected. This rhino came right up to us:
attachment.php

Then we flew to the uplink center in Cheyenne. It was a pleasant day there:
attachment.php

Frank, the security guard, was a nice fellow:
attachment.php

And here are Alfred and Henry in the main control room. I don't think they knew I took this picture:
attachment.php

Attachments

• jet.jpg
    jet.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 503
  • rhino.jpg
    rhino.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 506
  • uplink1.jpg
    uplink1.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 494
  • uplink2.jpg
    uplink2.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 517
  • uplink3.jpg
    uplink3.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 488
Quite an unforgettable experience!

Ok, so my post above was completely and utterly fictitious, forgive me. :D

In truth, I did have a great time there. I know everyone in attentance really appreciates the time Charlie, Eric, Leslie, and the others gave us. We were all especially impressed with Charlie's openness and availability (for almost 2 hours). I can't think of any other people with his status, from a company of that size, that would spend that kind of time with a (somewhat) ordinary group of strangers.

Thanks again to Scott, the SatelliteGuys.US staff, and of course Dish Network. :) And thanks to the Sling Media people for giving away those Slingboxes (can't wait to try mine out).

It was such a blast to meet all the great satelliteguys
I certainly looked forward to meeting some more members of this site. As stated by others, it was great to put some faces to names. :)
and one Satellitegal (not to be confused with Satellitegal).
She had a good time too, and agrees it was worth the trip.

Attached are a few of my pictures.

Attachments

• charlie.jpg
    charlie.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 165
  • eric.jpg
    eric.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 169
  • group.jpg
    group.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 178
Ok, so my post above was completely and utterly fictitious, forgive me. :D

In truth, I did have a great time there. I know everyone in attentance really appreciates the time Charlie, Eric, Leslie, and the others gave us. We were all especially impressed with Charlie's openness and availability (for almost 2 hours). I can't think of any other people with his status, from a company of that size, that would spend that kind of time with a (somewhat) ordinary group of strangers.

Thanks again to Scott, the SatelliteGuys.US staff, and of course Dish Network. :) And thanks to the Sling Media people for giving away those Slingboxes (can't wait to try mine out).

I certainly looked forward to meeting some more members of this site. As stated by others, it was great to put some faces to names. :)She had a good time too, and agrees it was worth the trip.

Attached are a few of my pictures.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the Pics. Tuxcoder was one of the lucky guys who won himself a new Slingbox from the good folks at Sling Media. :)

I cropped the group shot and posted it on the homepage. :)

We will be getting our official group shot picture sometime this week. :D

Thanks for the Pics. Tuxcoder was one of the lucky guys who won himself a new Slingbox from the good folks at Sling Media. :)

I cropped the group shot and posted it on the homepage. :)

We will be getting our official group shot picture sometime this week. :D

WOW, how nice. Which Slingbox model did you win Tuxcoder? You will like it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)