The CW MIA?

ancient

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 12, 2014
USA
Anyone know of any reason the CW feed on G19 4080V is now showing nothing but tone and bars during the primetime hours? There are six channels on that mux and the first two were still showing what they were supposed to be showing but the "C" through "F" channels are all tone and bars. I realize this is a hard channel to get because it's 16APSK and also because it's 4:2:2 but in this case the signal is coming in okay, it's the programming that's missing, and I just wondered if maybe it was being moved elsewhere or something. I hope this is not another one that's gone for good; we've had too many of those in the last year or so already!

(And yes I do know that most CW shows are available online the next day, provided you aren't geolocked out of the site or something.)

Anyone know of any reason the CW feed on G19 4080V is now showing nothing but tone and bars during the primetime hours? There are six channels on that mux and the first two were still showing what they were supposed to be showing but the "C" through "F" channels are all tone and bars. I realize this is a hard channel to get because it's 16APSK and also because it's 4:2:2 but in this case the signal is coming in okay, it's the programming that's missing, and I just wondered if maybe it was being moved elsewhere or something. I hope this is not another one that's gone for good; we've had too many of those in the last year or so already!

(And yes I do know that most CW shows are available online the next day, provided you aren't geolocked out of the site or something.)
They moved to 4009 V DVB-S2 8psk 15000 5/6 4.2.2

Reactions: ancient
They moved to 4009 V DVB-S2 8psk 15000 5/6 4.2.2
First of all I wrote this yesterday and thought I had posted it but when I came in today it is still showing as a draft. Sorry! This is what I wrote yersterday:

Thanks, I did not know that. I got it to come in enough to see the tone and bars with the overlay showing both the primary and secondary feeds. At least at this time of day the secondary feed seems a bit stronger at my location:

91°W 4084 H DVB-S2 8psk 21600 5/6 Service 6 4.2.2

Note I would not guarantee the 5/6 FEC, Lyngsat says 5/6 and TVROsat says 3/5. 5/6 works for me.

Now I will add this: It's not a difficult signal to find but getting it to display properly is a whole other matter. Used to play fine in Kodi (after passing through Tvheadend) when part of the previous mux but in this one you can get sound but not video. The video is there, it just won't display. And in any other case I could use ffmpeg to fix it but ffmpeg seems to have a real issue with that video, it will not copy it (uning the -c copy option) and therefore you can't use any of the fixes you find online to set the aspect ratio to 16x9 in the video metadata (because there's no video being passed, so there is no video metadata).

Reactions: primestar31