The Dish April 1st New HD Saga (Merged Threads)

The bigger your bill, the better your picture quality.;););)

The only true way to know would be a double blind test. Anything else will always have some degree of subjectivity. Also nothing is absolute. That includes the Dish subscription. :D

Question if they have resolved the BET HD problem today, could
they turned on the Viacom HD today, or is there an unwritten rule that
new channels can only be launched on Wednesday's?

I was picking up 110, 118, 120, and I am forgetting what the last one was.

Well my monthly bill for the rest of the year is $61. After that it's $80, with Dish I was paying $95 or so.
I was confused and though you would be paying more with D* than with E*, I guess it was the other way around. Must be different programming.

I switched my folks to a different package setup and they went from $95/month to $62/month all with Echostar. Kinda late now and I'm sure you had your reasons - but it's always good to see what's available instead of wasting money when you don't need to. They had the same setup for years and it took my prodding to save them about $400/year - plus upgrade to DVR.

Last edited:
medal.jpg

I was picking up 110, 118, 120, and I am forgetting what the last one was.

Well my monthly bill for the rest of the year is $61. After that it's $80, with Dish I was paying $95 or so.

Oh, so you are saving $15 even after the promotion? I thought you were paying more after.

I was confused and though you would be paying more with D* than with E*, I guess it was the other way around. Must be different programming.

I switched my folks to a different package setup and they went from $95/month to $62/month all with Echostar. Kinda late now and I'm sure you had your reasons - but it's always good to see what's available instead of wasting money when you don't need to. They had the same setup for years and it took my prodding to save them about $400/year - plus upgrade to DVR.

Without knowing the whole set up, if I was to move to Dish from Direct, my bill would go up about Eight dollars or so, if I checked a similar package if you are going with two HD/DVR's that can raise the price a bit

Besides, it's not always about the money. You can't always put a price on how good it feels sometimes to just stop supporting the BS for a while. I realize some of you haven't a clue about what I'm talking about and that's fine but for those that do, :up:up.

Besides, it's not always about the money. You can't always put a price on how good it feels sometimes to just stop supporting the BS for a while. I realize some of you haven't a clue about what I'm talking about and that's fine but for those that do, :up:up.
How could we not know what you're talking about? ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts