The End of VOOM?

jimmykce1 said:
So when is Voom going to have the plugges pulled since dish network prchase rainbow sat?

The budget was only til the end of Jan. as far as Cablevision giving Voom cash to run, that's why I think this moved so fast.

I suspect VOOM will continue to transmit service until the FCC approves the transfer of the 11 TP licenses to Echostar. They pretty much have to keep using the TPs to satisfy the FCC that they have not abandoned the licenses. I suspect it would take 90+ days.

whats interesting is that i just called voom to figure out what was going on with my 6th month's free they owe me for being in the infomercial, and the guy told me voom isn't going anywhere. That they are still adding the DVR, channels, etc in March, and voom isn't going to be closing its doors.

riffjim4069 said:
CNN just reported the sale of VOOM assets to E*. Looks like the Fat Lady came back for an encore performance.

Give her a Cup Cake, she might shut up.

djjsin said:
whats interesting is that i just called voom to figure out what was going on with my 6th month's free they owe me for being in the infomercial, and the guy told me voom isn't going anywhere. That they are still adding the DVR, channels, etc in March, and voom isn't going to be closing its doors.

You guys are not calling Voom, you are calling Telemarketers/Call Centers that have been hired out by Voom/Cablevision, I believe it name is US West, they will be the last to know or don't care.

Hi:
I called VOOM last night to ask about my two year warranty on my receiver and if I will be refunded once the satellite stops broadcasting and the CSR said.

"We are saying VOOM will continue to provide programming through the period of your warranty"

then I said "so VOOM is going to continue to send me a signal even without a satellite"

and he said "No, we are SAYING (his emphasis) that we will continue to send you a signal"

From that I got the impression that the VOOM CSR's are being asked to lie to customers and at least one of them resents it.

The CSR's are not technically educated to understand what you were asking. They didn't intentionally lie. You shoud have asked to talk to a supervisor.

I talked to one of them through their webchat thing. Same story...claimed business as usual and voom is NOT going to shut down. Either they really don't know, or have been told to lie.

Well if VOOM expects to stay alive...there should be a press release coming on that. The impresssion that is left with all this news is that the respirator has been pulled from VOOM life support. If they really wanted to retain their subsriber base, they have to sing now.

Also Sean, what is the thinking now at Satellite guys regarding keeping this forum active? Keep it open until they announce a turn off date?

Scott..have you received any calls about your VOOM advertising continueing or to shut it down?

csr's lieing

When I worked at an EDS call center, the people who worked for the DirecTV team came in for their shift, and found out the contract was gone. Their terminals wouldn't even open the DirecTV applications. Absolutely NO warning. That is pretty common, as I understand it.

Just called Voom's Sales Line

I am scheduled for an install on Monday. The person I spoke with was obviously reading from a script when I asked her if I should keep the install date. Her response was that since my install comes with a 6 month contract, Voom will continue to provide me with service for the entire 6 months. I didn't see any point in asking her how Voom could provide me with service without a satellite, but I am going to keep my install date. Worst case, I am out $1

Well...I have just recieved about 4 email with Dish offers...
I wonder if someone here is getting our emails addresses and spamming???

gutter said:

Also Sean, what is the thinking now at Satellite guys regarding keeping this forum active? Keep it open until they announce a turn off date?
I for one would like to see it stay active until Voom is no longer up, not just until an announcement is made (and I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't much of an announcement).

Just spoke with my installer

He said that I should go ahead with the install and they will be there on Monday! I have mixed feelings about this since once I do get Voom, it will be that much harder to be without it. But since I just bought a new TV, Mits. 65813, I feel that I should take this almost free opportunity to see how great my new TV can look even if it is only for a few days.

Guy's
let's get back to the question :: Why did Dish Buy 61.5 and not Amc6: let's answer the real question Why?????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts