The Mnt. on Dish Network?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Shouldn't we be allowed to whine about dish,dtv,cable etc?Really like Dish but there is lots of room for improvement.Maybe if there was enough whining Charlie would pay attention.Wishful thinking but still it can't hurt to let Dish know.

The thing is I don't really care. Just tired of the whining that a sports channel isn't being carried by E*. It's know that E* isn't the big sports purveyor.

Like iceberg said it isn't that easy to just switch providers all the time. I didn't understand the full time HD RSN issue before I signed up with dish about 6 months ago. They clearly said they carried the channels in HD on their website so I signed a 2 year contract. There is no way I would just cancel and give them more money for nothing a couple months into my contract.

This is a forum to discuss things about Dish, both good and bad things. Sports obviously aren't important to you but they are to other people. If you are so tired of people talking about sports than don't click on a thread that is about a sports network. It seems pretty simple to me.

Like iceberg said it isn't that easy to just switch providers all the time. I didn't understand the full time HD RSN issue before I signed up with dish about 6 months ago. They clearly said they carried the channels in HD on their website so I signed a 2 year contract. There is no way I would just cancel and give them more money for nothing a couple months into my contract.

This is a forum to discuss things about Dish, both good and bad things. Sports obviously aren't important to you but they are to other people. If you are so tired of people talking about sports than don't click on a thread that is about a sports network. It seems pretty simple to me.
I clicked on the thread because I didn't know what Mtn was, no other reason. It sure wasn't because it was a sports thread. It just seems to me that it is very well know the D* is the leader in sports and that E* isn't.

I noticed the Tigers vs. Royals game is not shown as scheduled in HD in the program guide tonight. In order to satisfy myself that the issue is not someone failing to throw a switch for the HD feed I inquired via Dish Chat (excerpt from transcript below). Dish has confirmed it is still not showing all games in HD notwithstanding the announcement on this forum to the effect that Dish had made changes allowing the games to be shown in HD. I assume because the Kansas City area is a smaller market that the Royals games will get the axe when bandwidth is short. This is not intended to be a complaint as Dish has made a business decision which I can only assume Dish believes to be in its best financial interest. I have no problem with that but I will likewise be making a business decision to switch providers.

ME: It was my understanding that Dish had made changes to provide for all games to be carried in HD if available via the RSN's, is this not the case?
Jennifer (ID: 684): When multiple sporting events overlap, there are occasions when too many games are being played than what can be broadcast to you in HD. We strategically allocate our available bandwidth to offer the most games in HD as possible at a given time.
ME: Ok, I guess the policy has not changed.
Jennifer (ID: 684): We are also actively working on expanding our resources to provide even greater coverage for your favorite HD events. In the mean time, you can always view your full events in standard definition if it is not available in HD.

JeffMo, that reply means nothing. You can't believe anything beyond the easiest of questions that a CSR says unless the CSR is from this or the other forum. I would even question an answer to an easy question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)