THE OFFICAL ANYTHING ABOUT FOXHD THREAD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Barneypoo69 said:
Just because its O&O, doesn't mean you get it. Must need a waver from the non-local afiliate (sp?). Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here.

Barney

Correct, if another network affiliate can provide you a grade A or B signal, accounding to DecisionMark (the service D* uses), and that affiliate isn't an owned and operated station, then you will need a waiver for the distant CBS/NBC/FOX HD feed.

Thank god I live 30 miles from all my local stations and can get a good signal. I feel for you guys doing it the hard way...

D* has removed FOX-HD from their online guide (as of 6am 12-Oct). I don't see it anywhere in the next 10 days. Have we been duped again?

Look to get these channels and more in 2010 , they got to have them up by then and this way no one will get there hopes up. I don't see D getting anyones locals in HD up by the middle of next year, they cant even get 2 channels up, I know it will or may reduce PQ if these 2 channels are added .

eschu97611 said:
Looks like no MLB CLS in HD-No Fox hd this morning-Really had my hopes up too :mad:

That's why with D* you shouldn't put too much faith in rumors until something is actually turned on. The rumors are good for a direction but I don't believe them when it comes to having something up on such and such date. That way I'm not disappointed if something doesn't happen on the rumored date.

From the talks I had yesterday with DirecTV they say its coming tonight for Baseball. Also Ken H from AVSForum also has it confirmed as well (Please see http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?postid=4485679#post4485679 )

I don't want you guys to think we are all nuts. :)

Although lately I feel that perhaps DirecTV is playing games with us. While I never reveal my sources I must say that they are some really high placed contacts.

This also did not have any official announcement, you would think there would be a press release about lighting up two more channels even if they're E/W LIL feeds.

For what its worth, I just spoke to one of my contacts who still insists that HD Baseball WILL be shown tonight.

Take it for what its worth. I don't have a lot of faith of what my contacts are reporting as of late. (Like where the hell is TNT-HD?!)

One would think that Direct TV would be able to get FOX since they're owned by the same company!

Here is a question. Under the media ownership rules, wouldn't fox have to offer the same deal to Dish Network as it does to D*?

Fox HD now gone from Directv online guide!

Has anyone else noticed that its gone from the program guide?

Well hopefully the channel shows up tonight, but after the TNT thing where contacts were insisting the channel would be up a few weeks ago, who knows what's really going on.

I noticed that Fox HD is was added to my programming package today on the DirecTV web site, so maybe there is still hope of it being on tonight. :)

Phil T said:
I noticed that Fox HD is was added to my programming package today on the DirecTV web site, so maybe there is still hope of it being on tonight. :)

Added to my account also. Should be interesting to see what happens later today.

Only my analog waivers are listed in my account, however, with 100% signal strength from DTV OTA affiliate, I am not too worried. I wish the best of luck to the rest of you, I know how pissed I was last year when ABC had the Stanley CUp and I got notta one game in HD!!!

checked my acct. and it only shows my CBS HD feed. no changes that reflect Fox.

I'm thinking hard about going to Radio Shack tonight and getting a antenna, and a pre-amp.

This waiver crap really stresses me out.

It really bugs me that I'm O&O but still need those things because of overlap or some BS.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts