THE OFFICAL ANYTHING ABOUT FOXHD THREAD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This is standard practice by d* they will add and remove channels at any time. The channel numbers will be added back when things are worked out.......DIGITAL~DAN

from work those were temp channel for ws
real channel info show that
be moved back to
Channels:
CBS-HD: NY-80, LA-81.
NBC-HD: NY-82, LA-83.
Fox-HD: NY-86, LA-87.

sorry i have no more info because the info is in are test website which they use before provide to all csr agents the info

channels 86 and 87 are where abchd will be put if they ever reach a deal with them. The foxhd channel will be put at 88 and 89 when they become available. Here is what it will eventually look like.

380CBSE-------80CBSE
381CBSW------81CBSW
382NBCE------ 82NBCE
383NBCW------83NBCW
386ABCE-------86ABCE
387ABCW------87ABCW
388FOXE-------88FOXE
389FOXW------89FOXW

ScottChez said:
They way I read the Merger agreement terms approved by the FCC they can.

When ever there is a Channel carrage issue by something that has a Parent ownership by Direct TV hence Newscorp hence Fox, the terms are that DIshnetwork can request it be put on hold while they go to arbirtation which can take a long time.

So Dish is simply saying wait a Weeks/Months and we wont play that card while we are still working things out about the terms and price of the HD Fox channels.
Or in other words, till Dishnetwork has room from them.

Wrong, Dish cannot request anything being done by Directv be "put on hold". What they can do is whine to the FCC about not getting a fair deal from FOX on their channel. That in no way prevents Directv from doing anything. It would be purely Directv's perogative to go with/stop a channel addition.

Also, from what I'm seeing from Ken H. at AVSforums(who is always in the know), E* being the reason for Fox not going live, is "misguided".

Chuck W said:
Also, from what I'm seeing from Ken H. at AVSforums(who is always in the know), E* being the reason for Fox not going live, is "misguided".

I noticed this too, yet Ken H. does not give the reason why this is "misguided". I guess this information must be secret. Perhaps someone here could point to a reference regarding the E* and D* issue because I have looked in many locations for similar news and am unable to find anything as well.

Well with the redsox winning the world series, Redsox fans have nothing to complain about. Is there a new curse ,will we ever get more channels. i hope charlie and rupert havent made some deal with the devil ? wow im beginning to think i am paranooid, you are no in not, you are , no i am not

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts