THE OFFICAL ANYTHING ABOUT FOXHD THREAD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
tknopf said:
Here in central Wisconsin, no 88 or 89 last night, but both are live tonight. I don't get how these things work. What happended? Last night I got the message "This program in not available in your area". ?????

You all didnt get it last night because of the blackout rule for the eastcoast feed of the Yankees and RedSoxs. Tonight was the Central and Westcoast feed of the Astros and Cardinals. If you do not live on the east coast you will not see the Yankees and Soxs game tomorrow either! It will be Blocked!! :no

How about me SMTHKD I live in wilmington,n.c. We are on the east coast and I did not receive the yankees/redsocks game last night but did receive the astro/cardinals tonight.I think the real problem lies with directv not having all of the areas approved weather you are in a O&O area or a white area.

WHY WOULD THEY BLACK OUT A PLOYOFF GAME ANYWAY.?THIS IS THE PLAYOFFS AND EVERYONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO SEE THE GAME OF THEIR CHOICE!!!!!!!!!!!

How about me SMTHKD I live in wilmington,n.c. We are on the east coast and I did not receive the yankees/redsocks game last night but did receive the astro/cardinals tonight.I think the real problem lies with directv not having all of the areas approved weather you are in a O&O area or a white area.

WHY WOULD THEY BLACK OUT A PLOYOFF GAME ANYWAY.?THIS IS THE PLAYOFFS AND EVERYONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO SEE THE GAME OF THEIR CHOICE!!!!!!!!!!!

DIGITAL~DAN said:
Just for the playoff and world series until the legal issues are worked out between dish and directv.

Alright somebody please help explain this to me a simpleton.

Why does Dish have any say as to what channels Direct has. If Fox wants to broadcast their signal to the entire country via Direct, who's business is it. Yeah I understand the whole O&O markets and local markets loose advertising but where does Dish come in to all of this.

That's like BMW suing Mercedes for coming out with a car that runs on beer. :confused:

I'll just say Thank God, I'm in South Florida and I get all my locals via my OTA antenna.

DNYCE,Dish comes into play at about the 50 yard line on this one.Ok here is the scoop on what may have happened.The rumor is sence fox news(rupert merdoc)owns a great stake in directv ,that directv got a better deal on the carriage rights of foxhd and their price was cheaper.Even though dish was given the same deal good ole Charlie did not like the deal because He said ,"that they were the same company and that their price did not matter because the money stayed within the same coreparation".He then threatened them with a law suit if they started broadcasting foxhd and said that this was breaking the agreement about the fox news/directv merger.I really think this was just a stall move made by Charlie to slow down the progression of customers leaving DISH and going to directv.We can only speculate what happened but this sounds like a perfectly planned attempt by dish to stall directv until they get room for more hd witch should be soon sence the new satellite is up and will be operational soon.I also think that d* worked some kind of deal out to carry the NLCS/ALCS series as well as the WORLD SERIES on foxhd but,I still feel that the offical launch may be after the SUPERBOWL.This would be a deal just like CBSHD last year...........please consider this as a RUMOR for now but do not be surprised if it actually happens this way.......................DIGITAL~DAN

I'm still scratching my head about the "rumor" why E* is keeping D* from broadcasting FOX-HD. Comcast/Time Warner offers Ind1 & 2 right and Ind is a subsidarary(sp?) of the cable giants....hope it all comes out soon & we as consumers can enjoy more HD!!!!

What is the deal with Fox HD

:confused: what is going on with fox hd, are they only showing baseball it says upcoming World Series but no picture for now, what is the deal with Tnt Hd i need my basketball!!

Barneypoo69 said:
I'm still scratching my head about the "rumor" why E* is keeping D* from broadcasting FOX-HD.

I'm having a tough time believing it's E*, that is holding things up. Why? Because I refuse to believe that a E* can have that much control over what D* does.

If it is true, then something needs to change.

They way I read the Merger agreement terms approved by the FCC they can.

When ever there is a Channel carrage issue by something that has a Parent ownership by Direct TV hence Newscorp hence Fox, the terms are that DIshnetwork can request it be put on hold while they go to arbirtation which can take a long time.

So Dish is simply saying wait a Weeks/Months and we wont play that card while we are still working things out about the terms and price of the HD Fox channels.
Or in other words, till Dishnetwork has room from them.

I don't see how that's fair to Directv. Charlie can kiss my butt for all I care. I'm glad I dumped DISH and switched to Directv when I did. I switched the last time Charlie griped and groaned about paying for channels. It's not like NewsCorp can overcharge for FOX-HD.

Barneypoo69 said:
I'm still scratching my head about the "rumor" why E* is keeping D* from broadcasting FOX-HD. Comcast/Time Warner offers Ind1 & 2 right and Ind is a subsidarary(sp?) of the cable giants....hope it all comes out soon & we as consumers can enjoy more HD!!!!
Hello Barney

LQQK (Husker)

News Corp can in fact can overcharge if you look at the big picture P&L

Since they are all owned by the same company its Funny Money.

The built in profit one one comany thus belongs to the other.

Lets for example that Fox wants to charge DIsh $100 per customer.

The real cost to produce the HD channel and pay for electricity is $1 per customer.
That is a profit of $99.
Direct TV is also paying the same price.
Direct TV is in a way paying the $99 in extra profit to News Corp/Fox.
Since they are one big monster company the $99 ends back up at the same company.
Its a wash, if you look at the money flow.

Thats why DIsh is so upset, they are saying they should PAY LESS than direct TV becuase of the P&L and Funny money effect. CHarlie will go to battle on this one. He has the FCC rulling on His side per the merger.

Fox HD gone from program guide

I noticed the Fox HD channels were gone from the program guide today. Does this have any significance other than the various ballgames being completed? I thought they might keep them up on the guide until whatever the carriage problem is was worked out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts