The Reverse Band LNB's are coming!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I can confirm that the "Slimline-3D2" (2nd gen. DSWM LNB without Reverse Band for 99-101-103W) which is stated in DIRECTV tech. notice as capable of supporting up to 22 satellite tuners, only supports 21. Adding a 22nd tuner fails.

It's probably along the lines of saying the 3S has 9 channels, one being the APG.

Thanks Scott for the Pictures and everyone who had all the info on this appreciate and sounds like a winner to me!! :)

In what might be related to these new LNB's being released, my HR23-700 just received a software update at 3:30am EST. I checked & it received 09E4. I checked redh.com & there was new firmware available for non-Genie DVR's. I went ahead & force downloaded firmware updates for my HR22-100(09E4, software for the HR21's through HR23's), HR24-200, & HR24-500(both 09E3, software for the HR24's). No software was available for the HD receivers.
Edit: Firmware update for the HR20-700 is 09E3.

They are not. Probably points even more to transferring the channels away from 95.

I just did an upgrade yesterday, the customer has Filipino programming and received an offer to upgrade to HD for free with no HD access fee. Not the first time I have heard this for a customer with international programming.

I just did an upgrade yesterday, the customer has Filipino programming and received an offer to upgrade to HD for free with no HD access fee. Not the first time I have heard this for a customer with international programming.
What we would need to see first if a migration is coming is the appearance of the World Direct channels duplicated somewhere on 99-101-103W followed by a notice to all DIRECTV techs and HSPs of no further 95W dish installs.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

What we would need to see first if a migration is coming is the appearance of the World Direct channels duplicated somewhere on 99-101-103W followed by a notice to all DIRECTV techs and HSPs of no further 95W dish installs.

I'm sure it's coming. It's just interesting that this is an offer for existing international customers.

I would like to add to this information that 30000 of these are about to be installed in the northeast publically. Start bribing techs ;)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Any idea under what situations are the techs. required to install the RB LNB?

We've received word which warehouses will receive the reverse band LNBs initially for the pilot rollout:

Fairfield
Hanover MD
Harrisburg PA
Monroeville PA
Olyphant PA
Pennsauken NJ
Roanoke VA
Ronkonkoma NY
Somerset
Virginia Beach VA
Omaha NE
Richmond VA

If you are in the market near one of these warehouses you could be in the pilot area when they start using the reverse band LNBs :)

For Fairfield and Somerset I'm unsure of which state they are referencing, but it is likely to be east coast like the other cities.

It is rumored the first 2 4K Channels DIRECTV will offer is The Audience Network 4K... and another 4 Letter Sports Network, who's name I can't remember. ;)

Did that 4 Letter Sports Network at one time have a 3D channel? I can't wait for the commercial, "4k is cool." Maybe they can just dub over the "3D is cool" commercial with "4k is cool" & photoshop "4k" over the 3D camera being shown in the commercial that I'm referencing.

Edit: referencing this 2010 commercial
A 2010 ad features Andre Ethier and anchor Stan Verrett talking about a new 3D camera ESPN has. Verrett claims it is more expensive than a spaceship. Verrett has a baseball bat and starts swinging it in front of the camera to show Ethier how it looks. Ethier then says "Let me see a real swing." Verret swings and breaks the camera. Ethier asks if they are going to be in trouble, and Verrett says yes.

Did that 4 Letter Sports Network at one time have a 3D channel? I can't wait for the commercial, "4k is cool." Maybe they can just dub over the "3D is cool" commercial with "4k is cool" & photoshop "4k" over the 3D camera being shown in the commercial that I'm referencing.

Edit: referencing this 2010 commercial
True;

But the advantage here is that the Reverse band and 4K are really non-sequitur to one another. The Rev. Band and the LNB used to receive it is just RF spectrum that is transparent to whatever information is broadcast over it.

So if 4K flops like 3D DIRECTV can easily switch and use the Rev. Band with it's infrastructure and customer gear to broadcast other types of programming to subscribers.

Reactions: goaliebob99
Status
Please reply by conversation.