The Reverse Band LNB's are coming!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
That's what it should be able to do, however at launch it will support currently 13 tuners, however that will be upgraded to 22 in the future via a firmware update.

Yes, you are absolutely correct. Something goofy happened and the last post I could see when I posted was texasbrit's post on page 1 and that is what i was replying to.

The second gen DSWM2 non RB LNB.

Yes, you are absolutely correct. Something goofy happened and the last post I could see when I posted was texasbrit's post on page 1 and that is what i was replying to.

The second gen DSWM2 non RB LNB.
Just strange that the 3D2 is already at 21 SWiM program channels with the current receiver NR firmwares, yet the Rev. Band 3DR will require a future firmware update for the receivers to be able to use all it's 22 SWiM programming channels.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

I am going to have to get called to get upgraded once this gets out of the initial test zone. I have Korean programming with HD and normal programming plus Spanish programming with 4k. I am wondering how in the world they are going to get me all of the slots as no one can answer that question. :D I cant wait to add RB into the mix.

I am going to have to get called to get upgraded once this gets out of the initial test zone. I have Korean programming with HD and normal programming plus Spanish programming with 4k. I am wondering how in the world they are going to get me all of the slots as no one can answer that question. :D I cant wait to add RB into the mix.
Robert is it? There isn't any 4K broadcasts currently.

Robert is it? There isn't any 4K broadcasts currently.
Not Spanish 4k programming.... Spanish programming with the national 4k programming. Sorry for the confusion! LOL. Yes, no current live 4k programming but that will change soon. I hope you like golf! :) But we may get a surprise between now and the masters. Keep your finger's crossed.

This isn't going to be possible until/unless the ethnic channels are moved off the 95 satellite. There is no way to merge an SWM LNB output with 95....

Meter shows 22 actually SWM channels plus guide channel for a total of 23 channels for the 3 Reverse Band LNB

Attachments

• SampleId123_2015-11-21_164452_png.jpg
    SampleId123_2015-11-21_164452_png.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 455
Meter shows 22 actually SWM channels plus guide channel for a total of 23 channels for the 3 Reverse Band LNB
Interesting;

I'll take this as confirmation then for the 3DR, though odd the 3D2, also a 2nd gen. DSWM, was limited to one short at 21(+1) SWiM channels.

Can the AIM analyze the 3D2 yet?

It can analyze the Reverse Band capable 3DR, but not the non-Reverse Band capable 3D2?

I also wonder if even though the AIM firmware can detect the 3DR's full number of 22(+1) channels does not mean the current receiver NR firmwares will be able to causing the 3DR to be limited to only 13(+1) initally as Scott claims pending a future firmware releases to reach the complete 22(+1).

But this would also be strange given that the current receiver NRs can see the full 21(+1) SWM channels of the 3D2, but not the 3DR.

Interesting;

I'll take this as confirmation then for the 3DR, though odd the 3D2, also a 2nd gen. DSWM, was limited to one short at 21(+1) SWiM channels.

Can the AIM analyze the 3D2 yet?

It can analyze the Reverse Band capable 3DR, but not the non-Reverse Band capable 3D2?

I also wonder if even though the AIM firmware can detect the 3DR's full number of 22(+1) channels does not mean the current receiver NR firmwares will be able to causing the 3DR to be limited to only 13(+1) initally as Scott claims pending a future firmware releases to reach the complete 22(+1).

But this would also be strange given that the current receiver NRs can see the full 21(+1) SWM channels of the 3D2, but not the 3DR.

Yes there is alpha fw for aim out now

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That info is wrong. This is directly from DIRECTV. Also the AIM meter Beta software is not due to be released until tomorrow to support this LNB properly. (Or so I am told.)

•Similar to the 3D2 DSWiM LNB, the 3D2RB and 5D2RB Reverse Band LNBs are designed to support 22 (+1 Network Tuner) tuner channels.
•Current support is same as DSWM Gen 1 & 2 LNB’s of 13 tuners but support of 22 tuners is pending future FW release for Genie servers

That info is wrong. This is directly from DIRECTV. Also the AIM meter Beta software is not due to be released until tomorrow to support this LNB properly. (Or so I am told.)

•Similar to the 3D2 DSWiM LNB, the 3D2RB and 5D2RB Reverse Band LNBs are designed to support 22 (+1 Network Tuner) tuner channels.
•Current support is same as DSWM Gen 1 & 2 LNB’s of 13 tuners but support of 22 tuners is pending future FW release for Genie servers
DUDE, you are telling I am wrong when I posted evidence and you got none!!!!!!! Only hearsay......... Meter was fully updated to DirecTV latest and greatest version

(EDIT) Actually you could be correct. (I don't have an AIM meter) Reading what DIRECTV sent again it appears the FW on the GENIE needs updating to support the 22 tuners.. not the LNB itself.

Last edited:
... This is directly from DIRECTV.

*•Current support is same as DSWM Gen 1 & 2 LNB’s of 13 tuners* but support of 22 tuners is pending future FW release for Genie servers

The question with this statement here is does this mean the Genies are presently seeing only 13 tuner support on the now officially released 3D2 while other receivers can see it's full 21(+1)?

Status
Please reply by conversation.