The Reverse Band LNB's are coming!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I too will have a RB LNB installed in about an hour, but likewise, I do not have a 4k tv. Setup includes hr54, hr44, hr24x3. However one of my combos is in a trailer, but I should be at 14 tuners with the two genies and two combos home. My account is being rebuilt now, so testing will follow.

No need to watch any longer, other than for additional sellers I guess ...

http://m.ebay.com/itm/281891614996?_mwBanner=1

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk
You're not thinking that that is a reverse band LNB are you? Because Solid Signal is selling the new 21 tuner gen 2 LNB for around $85.00 on their site. If that LNB on eBay was reverse band, don't you think that the seller would let you know it?

You're not thinking that that is a reverse band LNB are you? Because Solid Signal is selling the new 21 tuner gen 2 LNB for around $85.00 on their site. If that LNB on eBay was reverse band, don't you think that the seller would let you know it?

read the product label on the picture, it is a reverse band 3. I do not know the seller, but I know the area that is in does indeed have them, and given that he is selling them in the quantities that they come shipped from directv, Im going to guess he is an employee selling stock. thus the price difference from solid signal. If I am right and that is a tech, then they are not paying for them, and the sale amount is pure profit. The seller however did not mention that the current NR FW does not support more than 13 tuners.

The model # listed matches that posted here as being the reverse band lnb.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450813374.011419.jpg
The tag on the one pictured reads "rb". This is likely another case of the seller not knowing what they have.

I too will have a RB LNB installed in about an hour, but likewise, I do not have a 4k tv. Setup includes hr54, hr44, hr24x3. However one of my combos is in a trailer, but I should be at 14 tuners with the two genies and two combos home. My account is being rebuilt now, so testing will follow.
Great, keep us posted ...

Hopefully with photos too. . :)

Installation will depend on the weather. The dish is on the 2nd floor roof. I've been up there in the cold when frost made it slick. I'm not risking that again. Once it's installed, I'll take screen shots of the setup screen. I don't have a C61 or 4K TV yet.
Great, but by all means, no, don't take any risks for it ...

This is just for entertainment and technical curiosity about the new band.

Thanks Scott, fine work;

Be easy to identify this one on the dish ...

Looks like roughly 1/2 of the previous Slimline-5 LNB lol ....

No, cannot be made to work. The RB LNB has a single SWM output which can't be integrated with the 95 sat. Absolutely not possible. As I posted, you are out of luck until 95 goes away.

I didn't realize that it only had a single output. I thought it had one for each slot. On the other hand I haven't seen anything that the 95 slot is going away. What do they do in the even a customer wants everything. They have to have some sort of solution.

I didn't realize that it only had a single output. I thought it had one for each slot. On the other hand I haven't seen anything that the 95 slot is going away. What do they do in the even a customer wants everything. They have to have some sort of solution.

DBS had some theories on this, but I personally have not seen anything in the works, I will try to inquire to see what I can come up with, but to summerize what was on DBSTalk, they think their will be a legacy version of a reverse band ka/ku 5 lnb, that can run to MDU setups. This is a good possibility, especially with d2lite launching, but who knows at this point. I sure dont. I can tell you alot of programming has made its way off of 95 and onto 119. That was one of the reasons so many channels moved off 119 to 99 and 103. I still remember those calls of people complaining they were losing SD religious channels. I wanted to respond "your lucky this HNS or D10 still even turns on, just upgrade already" but yea.. no comment.

As for pictures of my setup, I need to check on that, no promises.

DBS had some theories on this, but I personally have not seen anything in the works, I will try to inquire to see what I can come up with, but to summerize what was on DBSTalk, they think their will be a legacy version of a reverse band ka/ku 5 lnb, that can run to MDU setups. This is a good possibility, especially with d2lite launching, but who knows at this point. I sure dont. I can tell you alot of programming has made its way off of 95 and onto 119. That was one of the reasons so many channels moved off 119 to 99 and 103. I still remember those calls of people complaining they were losing SD religious channels. I wanted to respond "your lucky this HNS or D10 still even turns on, just upgrade already" but yea.. no comment.

This is kindof along the lines of what I was thinking as well. They have to have something in place for Hotels. I am sure there will be a few Hilton's out there that will get everything.

And for that matter, what are Hawaii, Alaska, and other subs. using the 1.2m AK/HI dish supposed to do for Reverse Band?

Those ODUs don't have a SWiM LNB option and only use legacy voltage/tone+voltage controled LNBFs usually connected to a SWiM-8/16 module to convert to SWiM capability.

And for that matter, what are Hawaii, Alaska, and other subs. using the 1.2m AK/HI dish supposed to do for Reverse Band?

Those ODUs don't have a SWiM LNB option and only use legacy voltage/tone+voltage controled LNBFs usually connected to a SWiM-8/16 module to convert to SWiM capability.

Again, no idea. All great questions.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

several people have reported signals from the 99 reverse band transponders. No programming though.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)