The Reverse Band LNB's are coming!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I realize this is a very basic question, but... lol :) with these new reverse band LNB's, how does one power the SWM? I have a 16 channel inside at the moment. Do you need to run power out to the dish or ?? Then take out that heat generating 16 channel SWM.

103cr is apparently not live and 99cr comes across weak. Passed EIV with no issues however..
uploadfromtaptalk1450924543495.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1450924552314.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Makes sense, I honestly forgot about that. But I'm still suppressed the 99cr is in the 80s

Boy I agree ....

Unless this is just part of some kind initial low power testing being done. If the RB levels are only in the 80s at your location, I shudder to think what the levels are going to look like out here on the west coast where levels are tipically 10-20 points below 100 for the Ka-lo band CONUS beams, the RB's closest relative.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

It's possible, very very few people even have sufficient hardware to see these levels at this point. My site happens to be piloting both 54s and rv lnbs so more people will be seeing these in my area

It rained yesterday here, didn't go out at all, then again I never had issues before. I don't have a 4k tv so I can't display the test channels to see how they react.

Don't see why it would be much different.
Rain fade is mainly caused by raindrops inside clouds attenuating the signals. The reverse band signals are slightly lower than the regular HD frequencies so will be affected by slightly different size drops. There might be slight improvement but nowhere near enough to counterbalance the massive signal loss.

Just received and installed my reverse band 3-LNB (bought from ebay supplier).
Here in TX signals similar to twizd3dkitty: 103cr all zero/NA, 99cr shows TP2 at 83, TP3 at 87, TP16 at 85, TP17 at 89. This is on my HR54, with the system running 19 tuners.
All non reverse-band signals are basically unchanged.

Dug out some more equipment from my garden office. The LNB has the same 21 tuner capacity as the non-reverse band version. Will not support the 22nd tuner.

Reactions: rockaway1836
For interest, I added an HR20 running 0x9e3 from early December (this had been pushed as a new NR at that time). Went through startup and to live TV without any issues. This was tuners 20 and 21. Signal strengths all OK, no 99cr or 103cr of course.
Dish type is automatically set to the 3LNB reverse band so that must have been in the firmware some time ago.

For interest, I added an HR20 running 0x9e3 from early December (this had been pushed as a new NR at that time). Went through startup and to live TV without any issues. This was tuners 20 and 21. Signal strengths all OK, no 99cr or 103cr of course.
Dish type is automatically set to the 3LNB reverse band so that must have been in the firmware some time ago.
Guess like with similar documented claims for the previous 3D2 that these DSWM2 LNBFs would initially begin with a 13(+1) SWiM channel limit on the Genies at least, pending future firmware updates to bring them to 22(+1) channels turned out to be incorrect in both areas somehow.

... Signal strengths all OK, no 99cr or 103cr of course.

Oh, ... didn't know the HR20 couldn't see the Reverse Band signal screens 99(cr) and 103(cr).

Oh, ... didn't know the HR20 couldn't see the Reverse Band signal screens 99(cr) and 103(cr).

I don't know if that will always be the case though.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)