Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Looks like DIRECTV is getting closer to launching live linear 4K as their new Reverse Band are starting to find their way to warehouses across the country.

It is expected with this LNB hooked up to a new DIRECTV HR-54 and using a 4K RVU Client or a C61K client box DIRECTV customers will be able to watch live 4K television when it launches after the new year.

It is rumored the first 2 4K Channels DIRECTV will offer is The Audience Network 4K... and another 4 Letter Sports Network, who's name I can't remember. ;)

There will be two different reverse band LNB's, The other LNB will fit the Slingline 5 dish. As soon as we have one we will post pictures as well.

Thanks for making SatelliteGuys your choice for DIRECTV news and Information.

Attachments

• lnb1.jpg
    lnb1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,460
  • lnb2.jpg
    lnb2.jpg
    639.1 KB · Views: 1,916
  • lnb3.jpg
    lnb3.jpg
    556.2 KB · Views: 1,717
I like the slimmed design compared to the current DSWM. Any word on the number of SWM channels? I had heard rumor of as many as 21 but I doubt any less than the current 13.

The answer is currently 13 tuners, however that can be upgraded to 22 in the future via a firmware update.

The H24-700 will need a firmware upgrade to support this LNB, it will not work with a H20 or D11. Works ok with HR20, R16 and 22.

And the eBay watch begins.... BUT unless you plan on going to 4K in the near future, it seems as though the GEN2 SWM 13 is the better investment for the time being since it already supports the 22 tuners.

The answer is currently 13 tuners, however that can be upgraded to 22 in the future via a firmware update.

The H24-700 will need a firmware upgrade to support this LNB, it will not work with a H20 or D11. Works ok with HR20, R16 and 22.

Hmmm, that is interesting about the firmware update. I might have to do some tinkering when we get them.

I believe the H24 needed the software to work with the gen 1 as well. Since you mention the D series and R16 it always makes me nervous that the D12 and R16 do not have an option for 3DS.

So if one has a HR44, I'll need to get an HR54 installed instead, along with the 61 client?

Would that start a new contract?

I thought I had an account on here, but.. :shrugs: Guess I've just never posted before. :)

Thanks Scott, great catch and nice photos of the long awaited Reverse Band capable LNB ...

At least the Slimline-3 version so far.

Though it is confusing that the Slimline-3D2 can already support at least 21 tuners under the current NR firmwares. Whereas (if the info. you posted is accurate) the new Reverse Band LNB, showing as P/N "3D2RBLNBR0-01," needs a future receiver firmware update to break the 1st gen. DSWM tuner support of only 13 to reach 22.

Also notice this one is produced by WNC, whereas the 3D2LNBR0-02 is by Eagle Aspen.

Wonder what the not before 12-18-15 date for installation is about? ...

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

So if one has a HR44, I'll need to get an HR54 installed instead, along with the 61 client?

Would that start a new contract?

I thought I had an account on here, but.. :shrugs: Guess I've just never posted before. :)

yes, if you want a C61k, it will start a new agreement. the hr54 will have to replace your existing due to compatibility, but that would be included with the work order.

I spent a lot of time and money being cutting edge on HD, when DirecTV had just the select networks in the 90's, lets see - 2 ESPNs, TNT, HDNet, Discovery Theater, FSN, maybe one or two more.
And I had the H20 so I could get my HD Locals via antenna. This was back in 2006. Then the HR20 came out and had about 18 months of bugs before it became reasonably stable.

While I think it is safe to say DirecTV will have learned from the HD rollout and it will be smoother than ten years ago, it will still be very limited content at a price premium.

This time I'll ride on the sidelines for 3-5 years and see what happens.

That said, it's good to see the new LNBs are near rollout and are designed to be very similar to existing equipment, which should make installation / upgrading easy.

I spent a lot of time and money being cutting edge on HD, when DirecTV had just the select networks in the 90's, lets see - 2 ESPNs, TNT, HDNet, Discovery Theater, FSN, maybe one or two more.
And I had the H20 so I could get my HD Locals via antenna. This was back in 2006. Then the HR20 came out and had about 18 months of bugs before it became reasonably stable.

While I think it is safe to say DirecTV will have learned from the HD rollout and it will be smoother than ten years ago, it will still be very limited content at a price premium.

This time I'll ride on the sidelines for 3-5 years and see what happens.

That said, it's good to see the new LNBs are near rollout and are designed to be very similar to existing equipment, which should make installation / upgrading easy.
Here, here, my thoughts exactly about waiting.

Is the current SWM-13 allowing 22 tuners?
This is what we know so far....

LNBs as titled in the selection list of the receiver satellite setup menu.

"Slimline-3DS" (the 1st gen. DSWM LNB for 99-101-103W) long confirmed to support up to 13 satellite receiver tuners max. And cannot receive Reverse Band of course.

"Slimline-3D2" (2nd gen. DSWM LNB without Reverse Band for 99-101-103W) Stated in DIRECTV tech. notice as capable of supporting up to 22 satellite tuners. However an experimenter on dbstalk.com could only confirm 21 tuner max. support.

"Slimline-3DR" (2nd gen. DSWM LNB with Reverse Band capability for 99-101-103W) DIRECTV tech. notice says has up to 22 receiver tuner support, though some question as to whether a future firmware update will be required to reach that max. from 13 initially.

"Slimline-5DR" (2nd gen. DSWM LNB with Reverse Band capability for 99-101-103-110-119W) Has not appeared in public yet. DIRECTV tech. notice claims up to 22 sat. tuner max. support for this one as well. Nothing else known about it.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

You folks that want to wait 3-5 years probably buy green bananas too.
There are no guarantees in life. :)
It all depends .... did you go out and buy a very expensive HD TV set when they first came out ?

I have a very expensive HD set at the moment and it has a fantastic picture on it, I don't feel the need to upgrade for awhile.

Reactions: Tampa8
Is the main purpose of the Reverse Band LNBs specifically for 4K ?
If so, another reason to wait awhile .... see post directly above.

I can confirm that the "Slimline-3D2" (2nd gen. DSWM LNB without Reverse Band for 99-101-103W) which is stated in DIRECTV tech. notice as capable of supporting up to 22 satellite tuners, only supports 21. Adding a 22nd tuner fails.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)