Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I got this...

Cablevision has reached agreements to launch 15 new High Definition (HD) premium channel multiplexes from Cinemax, HBO, Showtime, and Starz/Encore. All 15 channels will launch over a three-day period beginning Wednesday, January 21, 2009. Each channel is a true simulcast of its Standard Definition counterpart and will be mapped to the lower channel positions.

The rollout will take 3 days...

January 21st, Brooklyn, Bronx, Hudson, Newark/Elizabeth & Patterson
January 22nd, Connecticut, Westchester, Bergen, Oakland & Rockland/Ramapo
January 23rd, Remaining New Jersey & Long Island

The channels are...

Encore HD - Channel 772 (350)
Starz Kids & Family HD - Channel 773 (342)
Starz Edge HD - Channel 774 (343)
HBO Signature HD - Channel 775 (301)
HBO Family HD - Channel 776 (302)
HBO Comedy HD - Channel 777 (303)
HBO Zone HD - Channel 778 (304)
HBO2 HD - Channel 779 (96)
HBO Latino HD - Channel 793 (305)
Action Max HD - Channel 794 (371)
More Max HD - Channel 795 (372)
@MAX HD - Channel 796 (375)
Outer MAX HD - Channel 797 (377)
Showtime Too HD - Channel 798 (90)

Seems kind of disappointing replacement for VOOM to replace the channels with PayTV content.

Remember you read this first here at SatelliteGuys.US! ;)

And the channels listed are...

Happy I switched to FIOS TV on Monday. Keeping family cable, you lose 15 channels and get only 1 back with Comedy Central HD, that's it. How about lowering family cable down $3 that they just increased it, since 14 HD channels are now missing.

i only count 14 channels in the OP, but assuming it is 15, to add with the current 5 premium HD channels, that would put us at 20 premium HD channels

fios has 43

BOOOOOOOO!!!!!! i dont have any of those movie channels and dont ever plan on having them, so those additions are just a waste

Wow. Did the Voom pack cost extra with Cablevision? If not, I'd be pissed. Cheap channels replaced with expensive ones.

VOOM was part of Family Cable at no extra cost. The movie channels are part of iO Silver (HBO, Starz, Encore) and iO Gold (Cinemax, Showtime, Movie Channel).

Since VOOM was sent using SDV they needed channels that could also use SDV do to bandwidth limitations. Premium movie channels make sense do to lower viewership.

Wow - the Dolan's give a stiff one to their customers again.

Here's a funny look back at what they said when they announced that they were putting VOOM on their systems:

Cablevision Adds 15 Voom HD Channels

I am please since I subscribe to all the premiums.
Now they only need to add a few more, and what else is left.

I remember when it was first rumored we were getting these everyone was pumped. When we didn't everyone bitched.

Thank You CV

I am please since I subscribe to all the premiums.
Now they only need to add a few more, and what else is left.

I remember when it was first rumored we were getting these everyone was pumped. When we didn't everyone bitched.

Thank You CV

I guess it works for you - but rest assured that most don't subscribe to ALL of the premiums, and many don't subscribe to any. It is definitely a loss of channels to most customers.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about it, I gave up on the Dolans years ago. I do use their Wi-Fi though for internet while on the road (as I am right now). But I don't pay for it, so it works out very well.

Ok on to the equipment questions.

Equipment Requirements:
These new HD Services will not be made available on Sony, Analog equipment or any Cable-Ready TB

Scientific Atlanta HD 4200, 4250, 8300 will be required in all areas except Bronx, Brooklyn, Hudson, Newark/Elizabeth and Paterson (in those areas the channels will be available via the above listed boxes and via Cablecard)

iO Silver is $75.95/mo
iO Gold is $95.95/mo
HBO a la carte $11.95/mo
Cinemax, Shotime, Starz/Encore a la carte: $10.95/mo

Ok on to the equipment questions.

Equipment Requirements:
These new HD Services will not be made available on Sony, Analog equipment or any Cable-Ready TB

Scientific Atlanta HD 4200, 4250, 8300 will be required in all areas except Bronx, Brooklyn, Hudson, Newark/Elizabeth and Paterson (in those areas the channels will be available via the above listed boxes and via Cablecard)

iO Silver is $75.95/mo
iO Gold is $95.95/mo
HBO a la carte $11.95/mo
Cinemax, Shotime, Starz/Encore a la carte: $10.95/mo

thanks for the update

Last edited:
Each channel is a true simulcast of its Standard Definition counterpart and will be mapped to the lower channel positions.

I hope that doesn't apply to all the HD channels. I'm dreading the day CV rolls that feature out to everyone unless they offer a way to turn it off.

I hope that doesn't apply to all the HD channels. I'm dreading the day CV rolls that feature out to everyone unless they offer a way to turn it off.

I told CV that exact thing when they sent out feedback cards. I know some people would like the ability to turn it off, so I told CV that when I sent the card back to them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts