Tigers vs Cardinals in world series

riffjim4069 said:
Yep, stick a broom in them and sweep. I'm still hoping for a Tigers vs As ALCS.
Coming soon to a stadium near you !!!
Provided the Tigers can get a good pitching performance out of Mr. Bonderman today !
I believe he can do it, he has wanted to be the guy for several years now, now he has the biggest chance of his career so far...

Hope the bats keep hitting, It's good to see Grandeson has his swing back, now if Maglio can be a bit more productive, Pudge had a few hits finally ....Craig Monroe has been quite for awhile now, since the first game, look for him today as well.

Jimbo

Sure was windy last night, with the greatest lineup ever providing the breeze, fanning all over the place. Now if the right Bonderman shows this afternoon, we can send those damn Yankee's home for the season.

Paul Wozniak said:
Sure was windy last night, with the greatest lineup ever providing the breeze, fanning all over the place. Now if the right Bonderman shows this afternoon, we can send those damn Yankee's home for the season.
Well, The RIGHT BONDERMAN showed up today !!!!!!!

Jimbo

Whooooooooooooooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooooooooo!

I was at the game last night (Kenny Roger's gem). The town was alive. Baseball is back in this town after two decades.

I'm a day late here, but I,m loving this. "Greatest lineup ever"- yeah right. Said before the series with the Yankmes and I'll say it again- grat pitching is what wins. And we all know who's got it. A's series will be a tough one, unlike the Yankme's, the A's have good, maybe great pitching, and they match up well hitting wise. TIGERS in 6, unless pitching continues to roll, then it's 5.

Paul Wozniak said:
I'm a day late here, but I,m loving this. "Greatest lineup ever"- yeah right. Said before the series with the Yankmes and I'll say it again- grat pitching is what wins. And we all know who's got it. A's series will be a tough one, unlike the Yankme's, the A's have good, maybe great pitching, and they match up well hitting wise. TIGERS in 6, unless pitching continues to roll, then it's 5.
A lot depends on Robertson's outing on Tuesday, he pitched not too bad in round 1 but not well enough to win, obviously. Maybe some of the others will rub off on him !

Jimbo

That crunching sound you hear, is me eating crow. Striking out the side with guys on second and third was HUGE! Roberson showed trmendous heart on a night where he didn't have his best stuff.

Paul Wozniak said:
That crunching sound you hear, is me eating crow. Striking out the side with guys on second and third was HUGE! Roberson showed trmendous heart on a night where he didn't have his best stuff.

I told you that Kenny Rogers' performance in game 3 of the ALDS was important to the young Tigers' pitchers. I called that his Enthusiasm would spill into Bonderman, Robertson, and Verlander. :smug

Now let's hope, I am 3 for 3 tonight! :D

Verlander pitched another Stellar game with 6 K's! Leyland is a heck of a manger for taking his young pitcher's out in the 6th innings. (Robertson & Verlander). He recognized that they were at "that line" at that point in the game, and made sure no seriouse damage was done as a result of them crossing that line of being great to getting shelled!

Leyland for "Manager of the Year"! :hatsoff:

The benefits of a deep bullpen-what more is there to say? Joe you are correct about Rodgers' influence. In my opinion he is the "Tiger of the year" winner. He's been like a second pitching coach. Definitely the free agent aquisition of the year in MLB.

joedekock said:
Verlander pitched another Stellar game with 6 K's! Leyland is a heck of a manger for taking his young pitcher's out in the 6th innings. (Robertson & Verlander). He recognized that they were at "that line" at that point in the game, and made sure no seriouse damage was done as a result of them crossing that line of being great to getting shelled!

Leyland for "Manager of the Year"! :hatsoff:
Also Leyland is trying to keep Verlanders inning down.. they were talking about shutting him down in August till they realized that they were still in it this year.
J.V. has never pitched over I think it was 120 innings and they didn't want him to go over that by too much ..... Thats part of why they skipped him a few times during the year.
I personally don't agree to that theory, sure don't blow a guys arm out , but, these guys are in a lot better shape than the older guys, and they use to pitch 200 + yearly, without arm troubles...
I also wish they would go back to the 4 man rotation...

Jimbo

Last edited:
Granderson was safe at third in the 7th inning and the ump missed it, should be bases loaded. Lets hope someone drives in a few runs to make up for it.

Jimbo

riffjim4069 said:
Another great outing for Rogers, and another solid performance by the Tigers.
And once again Mr. Bonderman can close out another series for the Tigers.
Unforunatly, I will not be able to see the Tigers, going to a Buckeye party....
Also another unfortunate thing is that D* doesn't have the OTA tuner on yet, so I cannot record it and watch it later....:(

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)