Titanium Satellite’s "big Dish Mover"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TRG

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 19, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
Just read an article in the June 2014 edition of The Spectrum Monitor. By Ken Reitz KS4ZR. Ken often talks about FTA in his column. This month he discusses the ASC1 DiSEqC Positioner Polarity Control from Titanium Satellite. Pretty cool!

http://www.thespectrummonitor.com/

Reactions: Titanium
Yes, if you don't subscribe.

Posted via Kindle Fire HD

Last edited:
Just finished reading the article, very good article.

Side note: Bob Grove, does not live that far from me. I have known him personally for over twenty years. In fact ran into him last week at a local grocery store and chatted for a few.
I have been great friends with his son(my age) for even longer. Funny neither Bob nor I could ever talk him into getting his ham ticket.

Reactions: Titanium
Excellent article I am one of the original subscribers to The Spectrum Magazine. Maybe Brian can get permission to post the article on Satellite Guys.

What a great surprise to see Ken Reitz's article on the ASC1 and Titanium Satellite! I had no idea that there was to be an article until I opened the issue to review the ad. Ken has had a satellite system for many years and he was very enthusiastic when I shared our plans for product development. I enjoyed his historical perspective on the hobby and tying it into today's satellite hobbyists.

I subscribed several months ago after Mike Kohl mentioned that a new magazine had just launched and was very impressed with the content and layout. Contacted Ken to investigate advertising opportunities in The Spectrum Monitor then quickly found out about his interest in the technology and support for the hobbyist.

I understand that Mike Kohl will be regularly submitting satellite related articles and reviews and look forward to his excellent reports and insights! Highly recommend a subscription to the magazine if you have an interest in electronics, antennas, scanning, SDR, amateur radio and of course satellites.

Ken Reitz graciously has allowed me to post a copy of The Spectrum Monitor article about Titanium Satellite and the ASC1 here on SatelliteGuys. Great magazine for anyone interested in RF and amateur radio! For information or to subscribe to The Spectrum Monitor visit: http://www.thespectrummonitor.com

Attachments

• Spectrum Monitor_June2014_Titanium.pdf
    666.2 KB · Views: 621
Thanks Titanium for posting and to Mr. Reitz for permission and the great article.

Not into amateur radio myself, and can't even spell RF so not a good subscription candidate but wish KR much success with his emag venture.

90,000 BUDs per month being installed in the mid-80s!?! Wow.

Ken has written a lot about FTA over the years. I cant help but think he had some influence in getting folks interested in the hobby.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)