Status
Please reply by conversation.

Shawn95GT

Tivo fanatic
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 9, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
With the recent changes that Tivo has made that got rid of the lifetime service option, I picked up a #3 and got a lifetime sub on it while I could. I decided to hook it to the 4DTV since the lack of timeshifting is the only real complaint I had with the 4DTV.

The solution isn't perfect, but it's workable. It would be REAL nice if the Tivo could natively control the 4DTV but I don't see them rushing out to support our small audience.

What I ended up doing was using the Dish Network channel line up and cross-referencing the 4DTV channels to it.

While we all know there is much more on 4DTV than what Dish carries, this isn't a half bad solution.

Basicly, I setup the recording on the Tivo and then go set a timer for the same on the 4DTV. I quickly became aware of the goofy problem of not changing channels if the dish doesn't more and I'll setup 5 minute before the recording timers when necessary (especially for G1 recordings).

Attached is my inital list which is just the premium channels. As I get time I'll put together as many other channels as I can match up. It's in the XLS format.

Attachments

• HBO_MAX_SHO_STARz_4DTV.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 138
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts