TNA Impact, PPV's discussion

TOP TNA STAR GOING IN FOR MRI TODAY
By Dave Scherer on 2011-07-18 11:25:48
Matt Morgan tweeted the following this AM: "Going in for 2 MRI's this morning. Pray hard 4 good results please. Thnx guys"
I hope it works out well for him.

RVD Talks About TNA’s Lack Of Brand Recognition & More
Posted on Monday, July 25, 2011 at 10:49 am
Tagged with Rob Van Dam
TNA star Rob Van Dam was recently interviewed by The Miami Herald and had a lot of critical things to say about his time with the promotion thus far. Here are some highlights of what RVD said about:

Young Talent Not Asking Him For Advice: “I feel like I get respect, but not in that way. I’m open to it. Most of the guys, I don’t know if they don’t feel welcome to ask me or any of the other veterans or what. That is probably an issue that we have is the young guys should ask some of the older guys. They should be saying, ‘Hey, watch my match. Let me know what I can improve on.’ That never happens enough. Some of the young guys who are or were there, I don’t want to mention any names. There were two young guys who just left and looked like they were out of high school. The whole time they were there, they never introduced themselves or shook my hand. Things are way different than they used to be.”

Being Misused In TNA: “I can’t say that I have been utilized to the fullest. I’d say very much not, but I don’t want that to come off as a complaint because I really like my deal with TNA. I’m very professional and there for whatever they need me to do. Having said that, I still care about my character and my career, and I’m very easy to get along with.”

TNA’s Lack of Brand Recognition: “We don’t have it. We have less than a handful of third party licensees, where as the big companies like with WCW there were a lot more. When they were around, they had a couple a hundred licensees. We need to get the TNA Impact Wrestling brand out there. ”

“The most common comment I hear every day from fans that spot me for the first time at a restaurant, mall or beach. The one comment I get is, ‘RVD, you’re my favorite wrestler. What happened? Are you not wrestling anymore? Why did you retire?’ I get that all the time. It’s not a bad downside for the deal I have, but it’s something I put up with. I’m always like an ambassador. I would say, ‘You got Spike TV? The show is on Thursday nights at 9.’”

“That tells me there is a void there, where a lot of wrestling fans have yet to catch onto this product. Brand recognition is so important. When I was with WWE, people would have me sign merchandise that I didn’t even know existed. I would go, ‘What the f—? There is an RVD outlet cover for your wall? I had no idea.’”

“With TNA, unfortunately right now, we are dealing with T-shirts, action figures, trading cards and then a few key chains or something. That is all we got. We have a handheld game, I guess. I don’t think that many people know about it. Then we have a big void. I’m hoping at this weekend at the Comic-Con in San Diego that the TNA office will meet some third party licensees.”

TNA is so bad, even the tallent such as RVD don't even know that the name of the company is no longer TNA, instead its now just Impact Wrestling.

If the wrestlers dont know the name of the company they work for then its no surprise the fans don't eaither.

TNA is so bad, even the tallent such as RVD don't even know that the name of the company is no longer TNA, instead its now just Impact Wrestling.

If the wrestlers dont know the name of the company they work for then its no surprise the fans don't eaither.
rvd been taking too many bong hits :D;):rolleyes::)

Spoiler Plans for Kurt Angle, Sting and the World Title

Posted by Marc Middleton on July 31, 2011 at 4:38 AM

- TNA has been going back and forth on the World Heavyweight Title situation going into Hardcore Justice in a week and a few days. Sources report that the decision was made this weekend for Kurt Angle to beat Sting and capture the belt.Unless things change, the plan is for Angle to be the champion going into Bound For Glory and defend it in the main event.

Eric Bischoff Updates Fans On Jeff Hardy & Ric Flair
Posted on Tuesday, August 2, 2011 at 4:08 pm
Tagged with Eric Bischoff, Jeff Hardy, Ric Flair
TNA executive producer Eric Bischoff appeared on this week’s Monday Night Mayhem radio show and was asked about the TNA statues of Jeff Hardy and Ric Flair. Here’s a recap of what Bischoff said about:
Jeff Hardy: “I have no updates on Jeff Hardy. I’m not involved in his situation within TNA. I hope the best for Jeff. He’s a very talented young man. He’s a great guy. He really is. I haven’t gotten to know him very, very well, but I believe he’s a good hearted individual who just got caught up in some issues. From what I’ve heard, he’s dealing with them and hopefully successfully.”

Ric Flair: “Ric Flair is out with a shoulder injury. I haven’t talked to Ric in a while now, so I’m not sure what his status is. I know he’s anxious to get back. I’ve heard that through other people. This time of year is very busy for me with everything that has been going on with my family, I haven’t stayed in close contact with enough people. I hope to see Ric real soon. I enjoy the hell out of Ric, and respect the hell out of Ric. I love working with him. I look forward to seeing him back on Impact.”

You can check out the full minute interview over at MondayNightMayhem.com
The Award-Winning Monday Night Mayhem: Your Home Of Wrestling Radio

Bad News for TNA Tapings, Plans for Jeff Jarrett, Hardy Responds to Reports
Posted by Marc Middleton on August 11, 2011 at 6:45 AM
- In response to yesterday’s report from The Wrestling Observer that TNA hasn’t brought back Matt Hardy or Jeff Hardy because they refused rehab, Matt wrote on Twitter: “Not the case..at all.”Hardy also noted that his own wrestling school is in the works.
- The current plan for AAA Heavyweight Champion Jeff Jarrett is for him to be the front man for the Mexican America stable. After putting together the recent relationship with AAA, Jarrett pushed for the Mexican America angle to be stronger by putting him in the group.
- The TNA Impact Wrestling tapings outside of Orlando on August 25th in Huntsville, Alabama has reportedly sold less than 400 tickets. One of the big frustrations within TNA these days is that now they have the chance to take Impact on the road, they can’t sell any tickets.

Partial source: PWInsider

Goldberg & Crimson Have Words
Posted by Marc Middleton on August 11, 2011 at 7:10 AM
- After Sunday’s TNA Hardcore Justice pay-per-view, Bill Goldberg re-tweeted a message from a fan: “Sorry Crimson, a spear w/out a Jackhammer just sucks.”
Crimson seemed to take the re-tweet personal: “@Goldberg while you were gettin stretched by Chris Jericho I was dodging bullets for this country… #whosnextnotme #destroyinglives”
Goldberg responded to that: “Who are you again????”

Russo & Hogan Engage In Heated Argument, Wrestlers Upset With Bischoff

Posted by Daniel Pena on August 14, 2011 at 5:13 PM

TNA Wrestling head writer Vince Russo and Hulk Hogan engaged in a heated argument last Sunday at Hardcore Justice regarding the finish to the World Heavyweight Championship Match between Sting and Kurt Angle. Hogan later grumbled to colleagues that Russo doesn’t know anything because he was never a wrestler.

The two former World Heavyweight Champions made up at the following day’s Impact Wrestling tapings. There was, however, noticeable tension among the organization’s high ranking officials in the days that followed. Several employees feel it did more damage to a locker room already low in morale.

There has also been internal complaints regarding Eric Bischoff as many wrestlers feel he’s arrogant and snobbish. His criticisms over in-ring performances fall on deaf ears because some wrestlers don’t respect his opinion regarding their craft. An Eight-Man X Division Gauntlet Match that was originally taped on Tuesday was re-shot the following day because Bischoff didn’t like it.

source: ProWrestling.net

LOOKING AT THE UFC-TNA RIPPLE EFFECT, THE FUTURE OF HULK AND ERIC AND MORE
By Mike Johnson on 2011-08-18 20:00:00
As I discussed on my Elite audio hotline this afternoon, one of the more interesting ripple effects of UFC signing their deal with FOX and leaving SpikeTV will be how it affects the short and long term of TNA Impact Wrestling.
In their statement today on UFC's exit from the network, SpikeTV noted they would be focusing additional time and money on series that they own, such as Bar Rescue. Notably absent, likely because they don't own the series, was any mention of Impact Wrestling. So where does that leave TNA?

According to sources at the network, TNA is signed with SpikeTV through October 2012. While technically the top rated original series on the network, UFC was a much larger marquee brand for Spike. When it exits, even more pressure will be on TNA to drive and maintain their ratings, which have been down in recent weeks. It will fall upon TNA to try and help carry some of the brunt of the loss.

It's going to be very interesting to see if SpikeTV opts to invest more money into the production and talent budgets for Impact. The network has already pitched in with the planned "on the road" tapings that begin on 8/25 in Huntsville, Alabama. With more money available to the network thanks to UFC exiting, will they spend it with TNA or simply invest in more reality-style series, another MMA project or simply wait to see which way the wind blows in terms of re-branding their network?

Another major question to be asked (and this one will be answered sooner than later) is the long-term future of Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff. The belief among those I have spoken to in recent weeks is that their current deals with TNA expire this November. Obviously, the company is building towards Hogan vs. Sting at Bound for Glory, but then what? If a new deal isn't reached, the talent the company has treated as their top star and one of their most important producers, Bischoff, will be gone - and TNA (with Dixie Carter back "in charge" and back on TV) will be left to pick up the pieces and move forward, having already changed the look and blueprint of their company greatly in recent years to satiate the Hogan camp.

Or, things could go the other way. If SpikeTV believes that Hogan and Bischoff are integral to TNA's long-term survival and success, could we see the Hogan camp demand even changes within the company, which could lead to even more talent, creative and staff changes in order for Team Hogan to sign on again? While everyone puts on a strong front publicly, even as recently as Hardcore Justice, Hogan and Vince Russo were seen having strong disagreements over the finish of Sting vs. Kurt Angle. Could the departure of UFC begin a domino effect that finally sees massive changes to the TNA hierarchy and product?

It's not as far-fetched as one might think. All it takes is for one network deal to happen or one merger to go through and the entire industry is changed forever. Need I remind anyone how quickly the WWE purchase of WCW went down once Jamie Kellner opted to change the promotional strategy for TBS and TNT?

Matt Hardy Updates, Dixie Carter Does In-Ring Angle Last Night, Brooke, More

Posted by Marc Middleton on August 21, 2011 at 11:45 AM

- TNA is now calling Miss Tessmacher “Brooke Tessmacher.” As you know, her real name is Brooke Adams.

- Dixie Carter and her whole family were in attendance for the TNA live event in Rome, Georgia last night. Dixie’s father is apparently from the city and her family took up an entire row of seats, according to a fan in attendance. Dixie did an in-ring angle where she played off of the storyline of TNA being stolen by Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff. Dixie said her whole family had to buy tickets to tonight’s show but she promised to get the company back.

- James Storm picked up points in the Bound For Glory series at the Rome, GA live event last night as he and partner Robert Roode defeated The Pope and Gunner.

- This may be something he wrote a while ago, before the DWI arrest, but reader Teddy sent word that Matt Hardy’s Twitter bio reads like this: “Matt no longer has boundaries.. And plans on becoming what I’m destined to be..”

Hardy was also trending on Twitter yesterday after the news broke of his arrest and release from TNA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)