TNA Impact, PPV's discussion

Hogan Lobbied To Have Finish Changed To TNA Title Match
Sunday at Bound for Glory, Bobby Roode failed in his attempt to win the TNA World Heavyweight Championship when he was pinned by Kurt Angle, after the referee failed to notice his arm under the ropes or Angle using the ropes for leverage.TNA had originally planned for Roode to defeat Angle for the belt. Hulk Hogan, however, lobbied to have the finish changed since he felt that the former Team Canada member wasn’t ready for a run with the title.Between that and his war of words with AJ Styles in the last few days, there was a lot of resentment towards Hogan among the long time employees. Especially since Hogan was criticizing Styles on Twitter when it was known that he had missed Saturday’s Fan Interaction event due to a death in his family.

TNA News: Dixie Carter comments on Bruce Prichard's rise to power, Prichard also quoted on new job title
Oct 18, 2011 - 11:07 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TNA issued a press release on Tuesday to announce that Bruce Prichard has been named senior vice president of programming and talent relations. "TNA is gaining such a wealth of knowledge and insight as we continue to grow our business with the addition of Bruce to our senior management staff," TNA President Dixie Carter stated in the press release.

"This appointment is another indication to the community that TNA's Impact Wrestling is gaining ground across all platforms; we are thrilled that Bruce is bringing his knowledge in television production, writing and talent relations to TNA."

Prichard is also quoted in the press release. "I am looking forward to working with the exemplary talent both in front of the camera and behind the scenes at TNA," he said. ?There are some exciting new ventures in progress as we speak involving the tremendous roster of current TNA superstars, as well as, development for the TNA superstars of the future.

"We are expanding our roster and looking for new and adventurous additions to our television product. I welcome the challenge and am invigorated by the endless opportunities this company provides. Our fan base for our brand continues to grow and I am proud to be a part of it." To read the full press release, visit IconVision.com.

Powell's POV: The story notes that Prichard will oversee talent relations, talent scouting and development, and overseeing the creative direction of the company. Although I'm happy to see the final creative say pulled from Vince Russo, I know I'm not alone in being surprised by how much power the company has given Prichard so quickly.

*Spoiler* Ex-WWE Diva Scheduled For Tonight’s Impact Taping
Gail Kim, who recently parted ways with WWE, is scheduled to return to TNA Wrestling at tonight’s Impact Wrestling taping in Orlando.Kim claimed last week during an interview with SunSport that she expects to return to TNA, but is in no rush.“Right now I’m on a little hiatus,” she said, “I told myself I’d take a little break. They didn’t let me quit so I was forced to take a break!“I’m not retiring from wrestling, I can say that. I always said – I said it in my last interview with TNA on a Knockout’s DVD – that I always felt like I would return there one day. I’d love to finish up my career there.” TNA Talent Upset With Bobby Roode Not Winning At BFG
Fans who were expecting Bobby Roode to have his career-defining moment and win the TNA championship at Bound For Glory were not the only ones dumbfounded and upset after he came up short against Kurt Angle.As we’ve been reporting this week, original plans called for Roode to win at Bound For Glory. Multiple TNA sources have confirmed to us that Roode was scheduled to win the title as late as Sunday afternoon, when Hulk Hogan reportedly convinced Dixie Carter that Bobby Roode was not ready yet.As you can imagine, there is said to be a great deal of resentment in the TNA locker room regarding Hulk Hogan squashing Roode’s title win. There is a feeling among several of TNA’s originals that there’s no hope for them to reach their potential in TNA, and they’re wasting their prime years with a company that will never elevate them to the level of the former WWE & WCW stars in the company.

Hulk Hogan Interview: Beef With Bret, Austin, Vince, Warrior & More (Video)
TNA star Hulk Hogan was interviewed last Friday by Peter Rosenberg of NYC hip hop radio station, Hot 97. Rosenberg is known for getting pro wrestling's top stars to open up like nobody else - and this interview was no exception. Among the topics discussed include:
- How the industry has changed from the 1980's compared to today, in terms of how storylines unfold way too quickly
- His relationship with Vince McMahon
- His relationship with Steve Austin and never getting to work with him.
- Heat with Bret Hart over not putting Bret over on the way out of the WWF when he left in 1993 and a backstage confrontation they had at the WWE Hall of Fame ceremony (and how Steve Austin was involved).
- Hulk Hogan claims Bret Hart stole the line, "The best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be"
- TNA wanted to bring in Bret Hart last year, but Hogan reveals why he squashed that.
- His relationship with Owen Hart
- Who he most regrets putting over and who he wishes he had put over.
Check out the interview here:
LordsofPain.net - Hulk Hogan Interview: Beef With Bret, Austin, Vince, Warrior & More (Video)

LOOKING AT THE 'NEW WORK' FROM HULK HOGAN AND ERIC BISCHOFF, THE MESSAGE IT'S SENDING AND MORE
LOOKING AT THE 'NEW WORK' FROM HULK HOGAN AND ERIC BISCHOFF, THE MESSAGE IT'S SENDING AND MORE | PWInsider.com HULK HOGAN AND ERIC BISCHOFF COMMENTS ON HUGE TNA SPOILER FROM LAST NIGHT
HULK HOGAN AND ERIC BISCHOFF COMMENTS ON HUGE TNA SPOILER FROM LAST NIGHT | PWInsider.com COMPLETE IMPACT SPOILERS FOR OCTOBER 20 WITH DETAILS OF THE MAJOR, MAJOR, MAJOR SPOILER
COMPLETE IMPACT SPOILERS FOR OCTOBER 20 WITH DETAILS OF THE MAJOR, MAJOR, MAJOR SPOILER | PWInsider.com Spoiler: TNA Star Issues Statement on Last Night’s Big Title Change
TNA News: Wrestler involved in the big TNA spoiler issues first comments

TNA-JERSEY SHORE UPDATE
TNA's deal with Jersey Shore cast member Ronnie Ortiz-Magro is for several appearances that will be spanned out over four episodes of Impact Wrestling, PWInsider.com has confirmed. His first appearances will be taped at the 10/26 Macon, Georgia taping. And TNA wonders why they cant get no one to watch them :)

Gail Kim Comments On TNA Return, Matches Taped For Xplosion
– Gail Kim, who returned to TNA Wrestling on Thursday’s episode of Impact Wrestling as a heel aligned with Knockouts VP Karen Jarrett and Madison Rayne, commented on the event.
She wrote on Twitter, “Thanks every1 4 getting me trending worldwide!@karenjarrett I think this is the start of a beautiful friendship ))
“@MRayneTNA can’t forget the other piece of the puzzle some1 said the “A”team sounds about right.”
– The following matches were taped Tuesday and Wednesday in Orlando, Florida for upcoming episodes of TNA Xplosion: Jesse Sorensen vs. Robbie E, Brooke Tessmacher vs. Madison Rayne, Eric Young vs. Rob Terry, Gunner vs. Kazarian.
– Both James Storm and Gail Kim trended Thursday night on Twitter.

Detailed Quarter-Hour Ratings Breakdown For 10/20 Impact
The following are the quarter-hour ratings for this past Thursday's (October 20, 2011) TNA Impact Wrestling television broadcast.
Q1: 1.38 rating - Sting promo. Sting calls out Hulk Hogan. Dixie Carter walks to the ring. Commercial.
Q2: 1.38 rating - Sting and Dixie Carter in-ring segment. Kurt Angle and Beer Money segment.
Q3: 1.32 rating - Sting books the main event of the evening. James Storm takes the title shot when Bobby Roode contractually could not. Eric Bischoff and Immortal confront Hogan backstage. Two commercials.
Q4: 1.42 rating - Brooke Tessmacher and Tara vs. Angelina Love and Winter. Jeff and Karen Jarrett call out Jeff Hardy.
Q5: 1.38 rating - Jarrett and Hardy pull-apart. Angle backstage promo. Hogan and Sting video package. Eric Young reveals to Robbie E. and Rob Terry that he's bringing in someone from "Jersey Shore." Gunner calls out Abyss.
Q6: 1.30 rating - Abyss vs. Gunner. Velvet Sky backstage. Gunner backstage. Sky video package. Sky, Karen Jarrett and Traci Brooks in-ring segment.
Q7: 1.34 rating - Knockouts segment continues. Immortal and Hogan segment with Sting and Garrett Bischoff.
Q8: 1.29 rating - Beer Money backstage. Storm beats Angle for the TNA World Championship.

Melina Asked If She Has Plans To Join TNA – See Her Response,TNA Impact Does Great Rating – Bischoff Comments,Knockout Looking To Make A Change, Hogan Launches Website http://www.wrestlenewz.com/wrestlin...f-she-has-plans-to-join-tna-see-her-response/
Melina, who has remained mum on the subject of TNA Wrestling since parting ways with WWE in August, was asked at the pre-launch party for Saints Row: The Third if she has plans to join the promotion (video available here).She discreetly replied, “Oh, I’m still… still deciding.”Melina was also asked if she’ll be appearing on Dancing with the Stars. She said “you never know” and explained, “I’d love to do any opportunity that presents itself, I would love to do that. I’m also interested in like Cirque du Soleil too, so I’m kind of like, you know, the sky’s the limit right now! There’s so many opportunities and it’s just (laughs) overwhelming!”Melina stated in a 2007 interview with The Sun that she watches TNA.“I still watch all the wrestling I can – whether it’s TNA, Japanese or Lucha Libre – because that’s my art,” she said.The day after WWE announced they had come to terms on the release of Melina, and Gail Kim revealed on Twitter that she had quit the promotion, Mickie James was asked during an interview promoting Hardcore Justice about the possibility of her former Diva colleagues coming to TNA.“I’d love to work with Gail,” James said. “I didn’t really get a chance to work with her. We had, like, maybe one or two matches but we were always on the side usually, so that would be really exciting. I was kinda looking forward to doing more with her and I didn’t get a chance.”James, however, avoided mentioning Melina. Last week’s post-Bound For Glory edition of TNA Impact Wrestling (10/20) did a 1.35 cable rating with 2,019,000 viewers.That show, headlined by James Storm defeating Kurt Angle to capture the TNA World title, was the second most-watched episode of Impact this year (the after Sting’s return earlier this year).
Watch Here: James Storm Wins The TNA World Title VIDEO: James Storm Wins The TNA World Title TNA executive Eric Bischoff wrote the following Twitter regarding wrestling sites not covering the ratings news:“Ever notice how the shows that the dirt sites put over get the lowest ratings and the ones they bury get the highest? hmmmm.”
– ODB, who has not competed on television since being awarded a TNA contract by Knockouts VP Karen Jarrett on the September 1 episode of Impact Wrestling, stated on Twitter that she’s looking to make a change.She wrote, “Im thinkn i need a change and its up to me to make this happen.”ODB has also repeatedly stated in recent weeks that she’s trying her best to lose excess weight.
– Hulk Hogan has teamed up with Sports Nutritional Innovations, Inc. to bring consumers a new online nutrition store, HoganNutrition.com. The site features thousands of nutritional supplements
“I am extremely excited to partner with SNI to help people get the nutritional products and supplements they need to get in shape and build muscle,” Hogan said. “It will not only help people take their vitamins everyday, but give them an easy and affordable way to do so.”

Last edited:
More on Lagana's TNA Role The Wrestling Observer is reporting that although Dave Lagana will not be involved in the weekly writing of Impact Wrestling, his name was "absolutely discussed" by key people in TNA, as someone who could help write and format TV should Vince Russo ever be removed as head writer. Lagana has had a lot of experience working WWE, which has given TNA confidence in his weekly TV writing abilities.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)