TNAP 3.2 NICE!

I think I am rather clueless... how can I tell if my box is fully up to date?

Under Information / About , it doesn’t show any updated dates past May 17.

When I perform a software update, it says No Packages Updated. But I do see the latest commit for Enigma2 was 8/31.

"No packages updated" means you already ran the update, and it loaded everything to date. So, you are fine for now.

Reactions: Brct203
"No packages updated" means you already ran the update, and it loaded everything to date. So, you are fine for now.
same for me, no package updated (I ran the update yesterday)

I can display the list of commits.

But can someone explain the difference between updates and commits? And does that update the kernel?

on a different note, I tested the CRI (China Radio International) mux on Intelsat 14 @ 45W, US/Europe/Africa beam, 11605 H 990
As you can see it's a rather low SR, and challenging for any receiver.
For reference, the Amiko miniHDre does not detect it in a blind scan, but once entered manually (with SR=1000 as it's the lowest allowed value), it usually scans in after a few tries. It plays the audio intermittently as it struggles to keep the lock.
I had tried it with the original TNAP, no luck at all. Even when entered manually in Signal Finder.

Now with TNAP 3.2, it finds it in a blind scan! But it does not appear to lock fast enough for the service scan, I tried many times without any success. I ended up entering the services manually through dreamboxedit, and bingo! it plays flawlessly and keeps the lock! Note that usually, not all 5 services have actual audio content. Tonight the one with APID 36 was playing CRI in French, the others were silent.

I tried the Mississippi "supertalk" radio mux on 101W, but maybe i'm pushing my luck... that one has a SR=726 according to Lyngsat. And i'm not sure if it's still actually there. No luck at all there.

Reactions: SDA_FL_USA
same for me, no package updated (I ran the update yesterday)

I can display the list of commits.

But can someone explain the difference between updates and commits? And does that update the kernel?

on a different note, I tested the CRI (China Radio International) mux on Intelsat 14 @ 45W, US/Europe/Africa beam, 11605 H 990
As you can see it's a rather low SR, and challenging for any receiver.
For reference, the Amiko miniHDre does not detect it in a blind scan, but once entered manually (with SR=1000 as it's the lowest allowed value), it usually scans in after a few tries. It plays the audio intermittently as it struggles to keep the lock.
I had tried it with the original TNAP, no luck at all. Even when entered manually in Signal Finder.

Now with TNAP 3.2, it finds it in a blind scan! But it does not appear to lock fast enough for the service scan, I tried many times without any success. I ended up entering the services manually through dreamboxedit, and bingo! it plays flawlessly and keeps the lock! Note that usually, not all 5 services have actual audio content. Tonight the one with APID 36 was playing CRI in French, the others were silent.

I tried the Mississippi "supertalk" radio mux on 101W, but maybe i'm pushing my luck... that one has a SR=726 according to Lyngsat. And i'm not sure if it's still actually there. No luck at all there.
Those commits you see are for openpli current develope image.The TNAP 3.2 is based off openpli but it has the update server changed. That way only the updates useful for North America will be added if needed.
I noticed the Fox News Channels on 99w KU-band (audio only) SR 1000 also is found now with blind scan using TNAP 3.2 .

Sorry, late to reply. No recent updates or commits have been made to TNAP 3.2 since May 17. The online software update is highly recommended as it has several improvements over the distributed 3.2 file.

A new TNAP version is currently being built.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)