TNT, FOX, Other HD ... {RANT}

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I talked with someone at D this morning about my bill and I ask to speak to someone about the Fox HD station so they transfered me too the HD department ( I assume ) and was told for sure that Fox HD will be up on the 12 th like stated here at Sat guys , so I ask about my location and that I was i an O&O area here in Atlanta and ask if I would have to call in if it didn't show up? I was told that I would have to have a waiver and pay $1.50 if I got it ? I said but I am in & O&O area I should get it for free , she said not if my fox does not want me too. I do get it over the air but I though if I was in An O&O area I should get it for free ?

I guess this means continued substandard PQ until April/May 05 and ABC will be coming to 84/85 ...

Also I am officially strapped into D*, I have been working with Robert at VE the last couple of days and I'll be adding the HD Tivo to my line-up. keep the hot cards coming, I want Aces full and better!

Comcast failed to show for my install but since it is free and scheduled for the 16th, I'll post to this thread and let everyone know what the comparison looks like. I get 30 days no charge and free installation since they "missed" my last appointment.

Lobo, they are lying to you. If you live in an O&O market you get the distant net HD channel free.

> If you live in an O&O market you get the distant net HD channel free.

More precisely, if you are in an O&O market and there is no other non-O&O stations claiming Grade B signals in the decisionmark database... :p

Hong.

Update after getting cable installed.

Okay, the Comcast installer just left. Much to my surprise I knew more about cable TV than he did. I found this odd since I have not had cable in more than 7 years. Alright, he brought my "digital" cable box. The highest level of connection was RCA, or analog. No S-Video, no SPDIF, I had my receiver setup for both. But the installer is ordering me an S-Video box so this should be remided by mid-week.

Now the guilt sets in, after reviewing the channels very briefly I see noise and static that reminds me of why I switch to D* 7 years ago. The premium channels are what I would say are comparable to satellite, and of course I get none of them on my TV's without STBs but I don't get that with D* either.

I am really unimpressed with Comcast's offering here in Colorado so far. No DVR, no HD, no HD DVR ... heck, no frigging digital nothing!!! So I am liking my D* now and I am getting more satisfied. They still need to work on it but I think they are probably the best around. In fairness to Comcast, perhaps they should consider being an ISO only. I love my cable modem and it has never failed me yet. I think this is their optimum market.

I will post again to this thread when I get a response to my letter from D*, I know I'll get a response, I just don't know when or who from.

Insight Communications here has the Motorolla HD/DVR box but I will never get their service as it's comparable to what yours is.

Okay Follow up time! I received a response from D* in the mail last night to my letter listed earlier in this thread. I will try to get the letter scanned in and posted without my personal information later today.

The gist of the letter was:

HMO will not happen:
"Currently, we have no immediate plans to implement the Home Media Option into out units at this time." If you want it you'll have to get it the hard way or on eBay. :mad:

PQ sucks and that is that, but we'll try:
"Our Signal is optimized for a TV screen that is a 4:3 format at 36" or less in size ... Unfortunately this will likely remain an issue until all program provider switch to a 16:9 digital picture (our engineering group is also working on this issue to see what can be done in the interim.)" This backs up what I had posted about seeing this on 42" screen and better :p

They also went on to say the best way to fix this now is to buy an HD receiver that lets me choose picture format (i.e., the HTL-HD or HR10-250) and that I should use S-Video on an SD DirecTiVo.

I was pleased to get a response from the Office of the President and I feel they have fixed some of their issues that will all but go away with Space-Way 1. Reduction in PPV channels crossed my mind as when the artifacts lessened in nature.

Just wanted to up folks on this one. PAPER MAIL STILL WORKS!!!!!!:D

The Letter is now attached. Sorry for the funky proportions, one was scanned gif, the other tif so I needed to migrate.

Attachments

• D*edit.jpg
    D*edit.jpg
    345 KB · Views: 214
  • D*edit2.gif
    D*edit2.gif
    346.2 KB · Views: 214
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts