TNT, FOX, Other HD ... {RANT}

Status
Please reply by conversation.
dfergie, go ahead and get the D* HD receiver and compare it for yourself. I would suggest the HTL-HD. To me the PQ is perfectly fine for now. Yes there could be some improvements but name me a cable/satellite company that is perfect on PQ?

You get the HD pak free for 6 months. To me, at least how it looked to me beginning of this year, the PQ looks much better with D* than E*.

nhlfan79 said:
The sentiment and tone are perfectly fine, but I'm a pragmatist. If you want to even have the smallest chance of them paying attention to your letter, you need to shorten it by about 80% and hit just the high points. Then make yourself available to elaborate on any points if they are interested.

Nothing personal, but if I was them receiving your original letter, it'd immediately go in the circular file just from the sheer length of it.

Just some friendly advice.
Adam

He will never see it anyway, it will go to his executive assistant. Given it doesn't have an F* this & F * that, she may give it a shot, she may not. That is why I'll also send it to customer service.

:) All I hit was the high points, the point is they are high of they expect people to tolerate this.

dfergie said:
Guys quit this... I am this close to getting a D* hd receiver to compliment my E*...hd :) you are scaring me....this is after csr roulette telling me I could get nbchd as well as cbshd (have sd) :)

No sweat man, do it ... in all reality I cannot leave D* before football season ends anyway, I am a Sunday Ticket sub. By then we will be out of the woods, or at least skirting the borders.

The digital cable is an experiment for me. It just stink to know I'll have to wait until April or May of 2005 before I get resolution.

A samsung is within 90 minutes... Hughes within about 120... I have a hughes sd D* and like the format...like E* hd and if the CSR was not BSing me can get NBC and CBS on D* hd (have um on sd...)might even get faux if it ever goes hd on D*(sunday ticket sub on bud, sunday ticket on D* till year before last) digital cable here is a joke...bro got D* sd hooked up by coax...better PQ than digital cable.

If your locals are O&O D* has to let you have the national HD feeds of them at no additional charge. Both D* and E* have to abide by it.

I have yet to have a problem with my Hughes HD receiver. It has performed very well for me.

That's a great letter slacker. I hope the people at D* will read it.

I cancelled D* today. It's sort of like losing a close friend. But I made sure when I did the CSR understood the only reason I was cancelling was because of PQ. Of course they said they need to send a tech out to check it. I told her I knew the problem was them putting to many hd channels on a transponder. She told me that wasn't true. HD channels have the own seperate sat from the other channels. I told her I didn't think so but the PQ has gotten worse since they started broadcasting some of the ST games in HD. I did let her know if they get the PQ back up when the new sats go up next year that I would probably be back. But only if the PQ has improved.

Mark

Slacker - As a former Legal Aid attorney I am offended by your opening comment. I've been practicing 10 years and some of the best legal writers I have encountered were/are Legal Aid lawyers. The letter seems fine but I still want FOX-HD E/W for the LCS next week!

Rob in NY said:
Slacker - As a former Legal Aid attorney I am offended by your opening comment. I've been practicing 10 years and some of the best legal writers I have encountered were/are Legal Aid lawyers. The letter seems fine but I still want FOX-HD E/W for the LCS next week!

Well when, and I did say when, I actually kill someone I am calling Johnny Cochran, not legal aid. :p Sorry if offended you. Also, don't hold your breath for FOX. All this will do is make you pass out and get a terrible headache when you wake up ... without FOX for sure :eek:

I just realized what a terribly slow week this must be for DirecTV on SatGuys. This thread has been viewed more than 2700 times. Sniff, sniff, I didn't realize you all cared so much! :D

The letter is off and even if Chase fails to read it I have still do my part to get us back to the best quality I can. Certainly there is still revenue generated by having the best product!!! I can only hope they return to the glory days.

Re: Fox. Fox-HD has to be better then that crap I watched in SD last night from the NYC local on D*. It really was unwatchable. If I wasn't such a big baseball fan I would have turned it off. And to think I have to watch the Giants and Cowboys like that on Sunday. Sucks.

When the local market is in a O&O like Minneapollis for CBS and FOX.

[The Post above says they have to let you have the HD Feed for free]

What cant they let you have both the EAST and WEST HD Feeds, there already on the National Conus beam.

It wont cost Direct TV any more.

I say any HD is better than NO hd. Bring em on, Get rrrr done.

They're supposed to let you have both for free if you live in an O&O market.

Could some one confirm. I am in a CBS owned and operated market O&O for Minneapolis, MN

I get the CBS HD East feed, can I also get the CBS west HD feed.

How did you get it?

HD O&O from Directv

According to the statement that I copied and pasted from Dtv's web site the following applies:

WHAT CHANNEL IS NBC HDTV PROGRAMMING ON?

Customers in the Central and Eastern Time zones receive NBC HDTV programming on channel 82 (WNBC, New York).

Customers in the Pacific and Mountain Time zones receive NBC HDTV programming on channel 83 (KNBC, Los Angeles).

The same goes for CBS HD.

Pauly :usa

I noticed something very interesting today.

The DirecTV Online Guide shows all the normal channels on October 21 including 100, 116 and 126. Now when I select October 22 it doesn't show anything below 100. That means that none of the HD channels show up at all while the channels showing over 100 are 100 and 126 so nothing in between those numbers. But what is interesting is that none of the HD channels are listed at all.

if you scroll down you see the only channels they do show are the PPV and other Directv Channels. I dont think it means anything, just that they didn't get all the data on the website yet, but I hope im wrong

shappyss said:
if you scroll down you see the only channels they do show are the PPV and other Directv Channels. I dont think it means anything, just that they didn't get all the data on the website yet, but I hope im wrong

I noticed that as well so I think it doesn't mean much after all.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)