To those of you who said a BBB complaint was stupid and worthless...

What the point of an all HD package if you have to subscribe to a SD package to get new HD? You can try to justify it all you want but it is a bait and switch plain and simple. They knew what they were doing.

What the point of an all HD package if you have to subscribe to a SD package to get new HD? You can try to justify it all you want but it is a bait and switch plain and simple. They knew what they were doing.
LOL! If they only offered 1 all HD package, I could understand your concern. But they don't. That's what tiered packages are all about. You don't get it all by paying the lowest rate offered. They setup the rules and anyone is welcome to sign up for whatever package they want.

The 'bait & switch' term seems to be thrown around without proper justification. Where did they advertise that all new HD channels would be made directly available to all Turbo packages?

It is great that the original poster got resolution; however, I feel that this demonstrates that Dish has no intentions to change their TurboHD "practices".
I agree, but I still believe DISH is going to upset a lot of TurboHD subs with their absurd "practices" and that many of them will leave E* when their contract's expire.

LOL! If they only offered 1 all HD package, I could understand your concern. But they don't. That's what tiered packages are all about. You don't get it all by paying the lowest rate offered. They setup the rules and anyone is welcome to sign up for whatever package they want.

The 'bait & switch' term seems to be thrown around without proper justification. Where did they advertise that all new HD channels would be made directly available to all Turbo packages?

I could understand more if you could upgrade to a higher all HD package to get the new channels, but looking at the site you still can't get all of them. You have to get a SD package w/HD to get them. If Nick is inclused in the SD silver package it should be included in the HD silver package and most people would think it would be. You say you knew that you wouldn't get much new HD and it doesn't bother you and I applaud you, but everybody is different. This bothered Clayton and he felt wronged, so he did something about it.

Like somebody said before, if "TurboHD Gold" and "Classic Gold with HD" don't have the exact same HD channels, then they need to change the names so that it's obvious they aren't the same, such as TurboHD Rust, TurboHD Stainless, TurboHD Pyrite. Similar colors but not the same content.

HD only packs do a lot of "unbundleing" and some programming providers are averse to that, so they put the kibosh on it.

It would be foolish for Dish to be this capricious on its own - not that they couldn't be...

Kudos Clayton!

Dish is run by greed and deception.

The reason they changed the signal meter readings was an attempt to avoid the class action lawsuit.

The darkness will come to light.

Kudos Clayton!

Dish is run by greed and deception.

The reason they changed the signal meter readings was an attempt to avoid the class action lawsuit.

The darkness will come to light.

Enlighten us on this class action lawsuit that will now be avoided by changing the signal strength meter oh wise one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)