This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Today is May 17th, Do You Know Where Your TNTHD Is?

I called voom today and demaned someone tell me if we were getting TNTHD , LOL it was funny to here the csr , uh I dont know sir and I said I am not getting off this phone untill I get an answer, lol, so he switch me to someone else , no clue who or what department it was , so I ask him, he said all he could tell me was there were 3 contracts for 3 more HD channels and thats all he could say, they were not suppose to talk about them, I dont know if its true or not , maybe he just wanted to get me off the phone.

DarrellP said:
My guess: INHD1 & 2 and TNTHD.
Thats my guess too. But whats the excuse for not having inhd1 and 2 already? wasnt 39HD channels promised by february 2004 at one time?

vurbano said:
Thats my guess too. But whats the excuse for not having inhd1 and 2 already? wasnt 39HD channels promised by february 2004 at one time?
Maybe inHD is having a hard time designing the new logo that doesn't say "Only on cable"

hey now - there is nothing wrong with church channels. Actually not a bad idea. Broadcast a church channel in HD. That would get some of the HD junkie heathens listening to the word.

This was recently posted at AVSForum. Notice where it says "these companies and others.." meaning E* (we know that one), V* and even D*:

"From: "Majors, Leigh" <Leigh.Majors@turner.com>
Subject: RE: TNT in HD
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 14:00:16 -0400

These companies and others should be making announcements in the next few weeks. Currently, TWC is the only company to announce carriage of TNT in HD at this time. Please let me know if I can help you out with anything else. Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 1:32 PM
To: leigh.majors@turner.com
Subject: TNT in HD

Can you please tell me what carriers will have TNT in HD available in the St.Louis area?

My choices are Charter, DirecTV, Dish, or Voom.

Thank you very much."

maybe "few weeks" is because of D*. They wont have the bandwidth until they get 7s functional and move locals to it. I get the feeling that someone knows its going to be friday the 21st from reading previous posts.

I'm very disappointed that it doesn't look like tnt-hd will be here and I'll have to go to my brother to watch the Lakers. I can hear the ribbing already ("wow you paid how much to watch paintings and vases?")

barth2k said:
I'm very disappointed that it doesn't look like tnt-hd will be here and I'll have to go to my brother to watch the Lakers. I can hear the ribbing already ("wow you paid how much to watch paintings and vases?")
Wait. You can still watch it at the TNT (SD) channel on VOOM. Of course no HD

stucky_boss said:
hey now - there is nothing wrong with church channels. Actually not a bad idea. Broadcast a church channel in HD. That would get some of the HD junkie heathens listening to the word.
I'd rather have QVC in HD before some god squad blather. I want swearing, nudity, violence, nudity, explosions, blood, evil, nudity, and all forms of man's inhumanity towards man - oh wait...I guess I do want church channels, never mind.

subdude212 said:
I'd rather have QVC in HD before some god squad blather. I want swearing, nudity, violence, nudity, explosions, blood, evil, nudity, and all forms of man's inhumanity towards man - oh wait...I guess I do want church channels, never mind.

somebody is going to hell..la la la la

Walter L. said:
My predictions:

TNT-HD: May 31st
inHD: June 30th
I would really like to see this come true. I would think they would have to add something before the May 31 st deadline for the current subscription deal changes. Also, if they did add INHD, where would it go? Would they create a new HDpack?

vinnyv07 said:
I would really like to see this come true. I would think they would have to add something before the May 31 st deadline for the current subscription deal changes. Also, if they did add INHD, where would it go? Would they create a new HDpack?
I think both TNTHD and inHD would go on the Marquee pack since the price is being increased from $39.99 to $49.99.

Walter L. said:
I think both TNTHD and inHD would go on the Marquee pack since the price is being increased from $39.99 to $49.99.
that makes sense. But If you ask me, the marquee pack should be in the basic voom price. Why even call it a marque package? Voom is an HD service. It would be a great selling point to say that "you get this without having to pay extra and never will". Who would want voom at all without espnhd, discoveryhd etc? Just leave the movie packs as extras.

Getting Tnd-hd

I emailed TNT to ask where TNT-HD will be made available. Here is their response.

"Your cable or dish Network would have to carry the feed. Check with them to see when TNT HD will be available in your area."
-----Original Message-----
tnt@turner.com

So not much new on this. And from reading other posts I gather than Time Warner is carrying TNT-HD in some areas and now the Dish network has picked them up.