Tonight's penguins game blacked out?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mikedz4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 15, 2004
I live in weirton,wv and can't get the pittsburgh cw station over the air or on cable. The only way to get it is to "Move" my Directv subscription. So why is tonight's penguins game(which is shown on the pittsburgh cw station) blacked out on NHL Center Ice even though I can't get it any other way than through Center Ice?

I live in weirton,wv and can't get the pittsburgh cw station over the air or on cable. The only way to get it is to "Move" my Directv subscription. So why is tonight's penguins game(which is shown on the pittsburgh cw station) blacked out on NHL Center Ice even though I can't get it any other way than through Center Ice?

Check Channels 766 FSN OHIO and also another feed, that is blacked out here for the same game on 669, not sure what that one is, but it may be the Pittsburgh RSN feed.

Also if you have not already done so, go to http://directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageIF.jsp?assetId=P3000004, and type in the zip code of your registered equipment location, to see what sports teams you are illegible to receive.

the thing is i can't get the station broadcasting the game tonight and on 6 or 7 other saturdays because of where I live. If I move to Pennsylvania either physically or via directv I could get that station. I used to be able to get the games shown on that station when they were on center ice last year so I don't know what changed this year.

The NHL Center Ice package, basically gives you the authorization to receive NHL games that are broadcast on regional sports networks outside of your area. In your zip (26062) you would receive the Pens game on FSN Pittsburgh, 628, if it was being broadcast on that channel. Outside of your area you would receive it on NHL Center Ice, again only if FSN Pitt, (or the RSN of the visiting team) is showing the game.

The fact that the Pittsburgh CW is broadcasting the game, means that they have purchased the rights to this game. If they do have the exclusive rights, then you are out of luck. Because local blackout rules apply.

I wonder why directv doesnt make your locals pittsburgh since morgantowns are.

I wonder why directv doesnt make your locals pittsburgh since morgantowns are.

seems they blackout with no rhyme or reason

He (Hancock County) is outside the Pittsburgh DMA, all you need to do is look at a DMA maps available online for free; so they are correct to block him based on his service address. (although we need to pressure the leagues to remove all blackouts in this day & age) The local affiliate had the rights.

Morgantown is in Monongalia County which is in the Pitt DMA. These "pissy little" DMAs are what screw tons of viewers. Maybe you can also try pressuring & lobbying your local leaders and the FCC to eliminate these tiny DMAs in favor of the larger metro DMAs or to do away with the antiquated DMA scheme all together.

Attachments

• DMA.jpg
    DMA.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts