Tony Dungy doesn't want Rex Ryan to say Naughty Words

It's just another instance of Dungy passing judgement on something from high above his pedestal. He wants to tell everybody how to live their lives, not just in football. Dungy trying to censor Rex Ryan is just another example of him preaching intolerance and inequality. I didn't like Dungy's spiel long before Rex Ryan was ever associated with the Jets.

If you want to deify Dungy you go right ahead. I don't have to buy it.

Sandra
Wow this thread sounds a lot like that Tiger Woods thread a wile ago! Pedestals and passing judgments and all!:eek:

This whole discussion from Dungy about Ryan cursing is nuts. Yes, I would like to see less of it myself but to impose your beliefs onto someone else is just crazy.

This whole discussion from Dungy about Ryan cursing is nuts. Yes, I would like to see less of it myself but to impose your beliefs onto someone else is just crazy.

I agree. BUT, to question Dungy's integrity with NO proof that he is a "phony" is NOTHING but opinion....not fact. As someone is trying to pass this as.

Fwiw, NFL Network did an interview with Peyton and he could not say that they have never heard a foul word out of the Colts coaches .....

He said they tried to keep it to a minimum, but there has been swearing from thier coaches.
Now thats not saying that Dungy has done any of it.
Maybe he has, maybe he hasn't.

I think it's fine to keep it to a minimum, but I also see where it motivates people.

No Dungy was not rigth in telling Rex to shut the NPBJGHJI trap, but provided he dosn't do it, he's fine with me.

Virtually all NFL coaches curse, so for Dungy to single out Rex Ryan and say Roger Goodell should censor Ryan shows you what a hypocrite Dungy is. Hey Phony Dungy, it's OK if other coaches curse but not Ryan?

If you're going to be holier-than-thou at least be fair in your criticism. Not one word about any other coach? So according to Dungy Ryan is the only coach that curses. :rolleyes:

That 'proves' Dungy is a hypocrite.

Sandra

Virtually all NFL coaches curse, so for Dungy to single out Rex Ryan and say Roger Goodell should censor Ryan shows you what a hypocrite Dungy is. Hey Phony Dungy, it's OK if other coaches curse but not Ryan?

If you're going to be holier-than-thou at least be fair in your criticism. Not one word about any other coach? So according to Dungy Ryan is the only coach that curses. :rolleyes:

That 'proves' Dungy is a hypocrite.

Sandra

It proves his dislike for YOUR coach. That what it proves. And it also shows YOUR dislike for Dungy.;)

It proves his dislike for YOUR coach. That what it proves.

EXACTLY!!! :up

Dungy is being a hypocrite by calling out Rex Ryan and nobody else. If Dungy would have come out and said 'I hate Rex Ryan', I would have no problem with that. But he didn't. He wraps himself around he NFL shield like he's all holier-than-thou.

Shows you what a phony Dungy is. :rolleyes:

Sandra

EXACTLY!!! :up

Dungy is being a hypocrite by calling out Rex Ryan and nobody else. If Dungy would have come out and said 'I hate Rex Ryan', I would have no problem with that. But he didn't. He wraps himself around he NFL shield like he's all holier-than-thou.

Shows you what a phony Dungy is. :rolleyes:

Sandra

I told you from day one, there is NOTHING wrong with either coaching styles and there was NOTHING wrong with admitting you dislike a coach. But hey, you gotta do what you gotta do.

I told you from day one, there is NOTHING wrong with either coaching styles and there was NOTHING wrong with admitting you dislike a coach. But hey, you gotta do what you gotta do.

Dungy should just man up and say that then. Rex Ryan does not care who likes him and who doesn't. All he cares about is his team. I'm not yet convinced he's a great coach, but I am convinced players LOVE playing for him, and that's all he cares about.

And I'm not afraid to admit I dislike Dungy for all his preaching about Rex Ryan (or any one coach) when he has buddies in the league who are foul-mouthed coaches as well, and he doesn't say a word about them.

THAT makes Dungy a phony and a hypocrite. :rolleyes:

Sandra

Dungy should just man up and say that then. Rex Ryan does not care who likes him and who doesn't. All he cares about is his team. I'm not yet convinced he's a great coach, but I am convinced players LOVE playing for him, and that's all he cares about.

And I'm not afraid to admit I dislike Dungy for all his preaching about Rex Ryan (or any one coach) when he has buddies in the league who are foul-mouthed coaches as well, and he doesn't say a word about them.

THAT makes Dungy a phony and a hypocrite. :rolleyes:

Sandra

Maybe to YOU, but he has proved his integrity in the league from day one. Nothing has changed the way he conducts himself from being a coach to not being a coach. He STILL has more integrity than most in the entire league....

but...you have YOUR opinion about him and I have mine. I know what ALL those Ryan boys are about because I was IN Chicago when dad was there and the OTHER Ryan coached on my team for approx. 4 years.

Maybe to YOU, but he has proved his integrity in the league from day one. Nothing has changed the way he conducts himself from being a coach to not being a coach. He STILL has more integrity than most in the entire league....

but...you have YOUR opinion about him and I have mine. I know what ALL those Ryan boys are about because I was IN Chicago when dad was there and the OTHER Ryan coached on my team for approx. 4 years.

Well, you've been asking why I think Dungy is a hypocrite and a phony, I spell out why, and you don't address what I said. I guess you either didn't want my explanation, or you cannot reply so you go back to your generalities. :rolleyes:

Sandra

Well, you've been asking why I think Dungy is a hypocrite and a phony, I spell out why, and you don't address what I said. I guess you either didn't want my explanation, or you cannot reply so you go back to your generalities. :rolleyes:

Sandra

I have answered your question TWICE. Please, go back and read my answer again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts