Total Newbie at FTA, need help Finding Right stuff

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

sansri88

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 13, 2006
I've done some research and I want to get a specific channel: BBC World. It's on this satellite: Galaxy 13/Horizons 1 at 127.0°W, and the Freq./TP is 3800 V
tp 5. I don't know what the second half is but that is what lyngsat has on their site. I also know this is C-band, so I need the big mesh dish.

Where/what equipment should I buy, and how much would it come out to? Is there a combo ku-band/c-band dish where I can get both? Do HD channels come FTA as well? I know that many of the channels are encrypted, I'm only looking for the unencrypted ones.

yes
well i usually go out and find a big dish and ask the person if they are still using it
if not , would they like to get rid of it. most , but not all will give you an old big dish.

you can also buy a new big dish, you can make it stationary or motorized.
if you make it motorized you will have to have something to move it like an old receiver or a newer v-boxII

you will also need a dvb receiver

you can get both c & ku with a big dish if the dish is able to receive ku. you would have to have a corotor or lnbf that does both c & ku

also be advised that that channel is AC-3 only so the receiver you get need to beable to either do AC-3 or pass it to something you have that receives it.

I have a 12 ft C/Ku wire mesh dish with a BSC621-2 C/Ku LNBF, a VBox II diseqc to 36 volt positioner controller and a Fortec Star Mercury II receiver.

I get the BBC as well as hundreds of other channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts