Total Newbie at FTA, need help Finding Right stuff

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sansri88

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 13, 2006
I've done some research and I want to get a specific channel: BBC World. It's on this satellite: Galaxy 13/Horizons 1 at 127.0°W, and the Freq./TP is 3800 V
tp 5. I don't know what the second half is but that is what lyngsat has on their site. I also know this is C-band, so I need the big mesh dish.

Where/what equipment should I buy, and how much would it come out to? Is there a combo ku-band/c-band dish where I can get both? Do HD channels come FTA as well? I know that many of the channels are encrypted, I'm only looking for the unencrypted ones.

yes
well i usually go out and find a big dish and ask the person if they are still using it
if not , would they like to get rid of it. most , but not all will give you an old big dish.

you can also buy a new big dish, you can make it stationary or motorized.
if you make it motorized you will have to have something to move it like an old receiver or a newer v-boxII

you will also need a dvb receiver

you can get both c & ku with a big dish if the dish is able to receive ku. you would have to have a corotor or lnbf that does both c & ku

also be advised that that channel is AC-3 only so the receiver you get need to beable to either do AC-3 or pass it to something you have that receives it.

I have a 12 ft C/Ku wire mesh dish with a BSC621-2 C/Ku LNBF, a VBox II diseqc to 36 volt positioner controller and a Fortec Star Mercury II receiver.

I get the BBC as well as hundreds of other channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)