Transparent Surf Bar, Do you like it or not?

i dont have the transparent surf bar either and i got the new software upgrade as well, still have the solid one here

i like the new bar a lot... im turning it on by going into options, then pressing watch... problem for me, is that it wont stay... it keeps goin back to black... can someone give me some advise as to how to make the new bar stay?

It seems to go back to normal whenever you push the Voom button. If you do your surfing from the channel bar (click OK and then use the arrows/buttons) it will stay transparent.

I havent figured out how to get the transparent menu up. Its on when i turn on the system each day for awhile but then goes away.

vurbano said:
I havent figured out how to get the transparent menu up. Its on when i turn on the system each day for awhile but then goes away.
V-for me it works when I hit the "guide" key and then hit the green button for "options and settings"-then select "system status" and once there press "watch"-this should work until you press "menu" or "guide", which both seem to clear the transp. surf bar for some reason-Try it and report.

Who thinks this crap up? If I have to sit upside down, fart twice, belch and do the splits without performing the nutcracker just to get the transparent surf bar to show up, then when I change channels it goes away? Give me a break. Voom programmers are starting to look as lame as the ones at Dish.

This is Bull.... I couldn't be bothered jumping through all these hoops to go transparent. Black is fine for me.

owlbox said:
This is Bull.... I couldn't be bothered jumping through all these hoops to go transparent. Black is fine for me.
It has been said that "Nothing good in life comes easy"-LMAO

So true when it comes to Voom-So true-lol

I like the transparent surf bars and info screen. Would like to be able to make it the default. Personally would probably never set it back to black, but understand that some might prefer it that way, so it should be an option. Preferences may be highly dependent on the TV its being used with as well. Some may not be a easy to read when transparent. Having a remote control toggle would be a good idea, since there could be backgrounds that don't provide sufficient contrast with the text. In that condition, users would not want to have to navigate through a bunch of menus to change the setting.

Love the Transperacy Feature

Sean,

I think the recommendations you have are great. BTW, I noticed that when you use transperancy for the surf bar, the closed caption does the same. I have shown other fellow Voomers this feature and they love it. It is a pain to get it working now, especially when Parentla Lock is set. It would be great to have it as a feature of the software.

DarrellP said:
Who thinks this crap up? If I have to sit upside down, fart twice, belch and do the splits without performing the nutcracker just to get the transparent surf bar to show up, then when I change channels it goes away? Give me a break. Voom programmers are starting to look as lame as the ones at Dish.
Amen brother. If I have to go through some secret handshake to get it then I consider it a NON feature right now. In my book its a glitch, I say trash it, it doesnt work.

vurbano said:
Amen brother. If I have to go through some secret handshake to get it then I consider it a NON feature right now. In my book its a glitch, I say trash it, it doesnt work.
I agree...

No one said it is a feature. From the beginning it was understood to be a mistake that was left by accident. Some of us are experimenting with it. If you find it offensive that it was left by mistake (and not a feature) just ignore it completely and it won't bite you.

Sean Mota said:
No one said it is a feature. From the beginning it was understood to be a mistake that was left by accident. Some of us are experimenting with it. If you find it offensive that it was left by mistake (and not a feature) just ignore it completely and it won't bite you.
Listen I love the new feature I mean mistake. I wish they would do a quick software update and give it the option of off and on. Any chance of that happening?

Sean Mota said:
Amen brother!!

No, I don't like it AT ALL! It makes it very difficult to read the text. I say either leave the entire thing opaque, or take away the black background and keep the guide graphics opaque.

I too would like this option to be switchable in the configuration. Also it will need to work under all resolutions. Because I did notice the transparent bar doesn't work under 720p or 480p mode.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts