Transparent Menu – How it’s working for me

I still can only get transparent bar in 1080i. Cannot get it in 720p.

squicken said:
I still can only get transparent bar in 1080i. Cannot get it in 720p.

This could be a reason why some are seeing it while others do not. Anybody seen it using Native Rez? If so what was the rez of the channel you were watching when you saw it?

squicken said:
I just switched my STB from outputting 720p to 1080i. I can get transparent to work in 1080i, but not in 720p. Would someone else try this to see if they're getting similar results? When I switched back to 720p, no more transparent surf bar.

I cannot get it at 720p either.

Tim

Sean Mota said:
This could be a reason why some are seeing it while others do not. Anybody seen it using Native Rez? If so what was the rez of the channel you were watching when you saw it?
Can't get it to work in native. The only way I can get it is in 1080i. Weird.
:confused:

Am I the only one who DISLIKES the transparent surf bar? It just makes it harder to read. When I bring up the surf bar, I want to SEE the surf bar. I'm not trying to see what's behind it. Since it's at the bottom of the screen anyway, there's little info a non-transparent surf bar is covering up (usually). Soi while it may LOOK cool, it's counter productive IMO. I hope it's can be turned off (when they finally get it working).

When I wasn't able to get the transparent menu to appear earlier it was on an SD station with STB set to native mode. It does work, however, when on any 1080i channel. It does not work on ABC (720p), but it does work on ESPN. I guess this means that ESPN is still being sent at 1080i.

barth2k said:
Am I the only one who DISLIKES the transparent surf bar? It just makes it harder to read. When I bring up the surf bar, I want to SEE the surf bar. I'm not trying to see what's behind it. Since it's at the bottom of the screen anyway, there's little info a non-transparent surf bar is covering up (usually). Soi while it may LOOK cool, it's counter productive IMO. I hope it's can be turned off (when they finally get it working).

You know that the transparent bar can be turned off by simply hitting the VOOM button or menu or fav...