tripod setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bsappen1

Original poster
Oct 16, 2008
I have a slimline sl3pig-z lnb. Last year I took it to a football game and could not even get a beep out of my satellite receiver. I now have found out in my home installation, there is a swm ODU only between my splitter and my first receiver. I should have been installed between the satellite and splitter.

My question is this . DO I need the SWM for my portable setup which consists of satellite, direct tv hdr receiver, sony receiver and sound bar, and if so any particular suggestions. I used to have the suitcase receiver and never had any problems with receptions..

Well the SL3 is a non-swm LNB, so it would not need the power supply. The SL3S is a SWM LNB. The key is if the LNB has one port (SWM) or four ports (non-swm).

A key setup on the receiver to switch from swm to "multiswitch" is needed if you switch from a swm lnb to a non-swm lnb. Without changing that you will get nothing. Select "Repeat Satellite Setup".

A non swm lnb requires a bbc inline. That's probably why you didn't get any signal.

True, but it seems like he is looking for hd viewing, and if so, he will need the bbcs. I suspect a combination of no bbcs and improper alignment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)