GEOSATpro Trouble Receiving High SR?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cyberham

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
Halfmoon Bay, British Columbia
I was wondering why my microHD would not receive any signal quality for the 45000 SR tps on 15W. So I swapped back my S9. Sure enough, those tps are the strongest signals on this satellite.

Is there a known problem with the microHD receiving higher SR? I get zero quality on these tps.

Maybe there is a known issue now then. microHD receives zero quality while S9 is showing 75% quality on 45000 SR scrambled signals on 15W. I notice it takes the S9 a few seconds before it shows quality. It never is this slow on slower SR. Anything I can try in order to get the microHD to see quality on these scrambled signals? This is purely an academic exercise since the scrambled signals are of no interest anyway.

Could someone provide a transponder TS recording via TSReader or other software of a problematic high symbol rate signal? A few of you have provided satellite parameters but they are on satellites with footprints not received from Northern California.

Have successfully tested several 40 - 45K SR signals on the bench modulator, so no reason that live signals shouldn't be locking.

Sample of High SR from 15W

I have a .ts file recorded using the S9 DVR of following from 15W. I can record any length of file, but file size gets large very quickly. I can't upload this format of file here.

DSC04993_sm.jpg

Last edited:
To record the complete transponder stream, you will need a PCI or USB tuner and software like TSReader. I am not aware of any STB that has the ability to record the entire transponder stream to a single TS file.

I am bumping this thread again now since I've had to dig my Openbox S9 out of the basement and re-install this old receiver in my viewing area. My microHD can no longer serve me exclusively. microHD cannot receive any of the 9 SR 45000 ITC channels on 15W. In other words, microHD cannot receive most of the channels on 15W but the S9 can. That's a problem worthy of attention. I have a fixed dish on 15W now and I receive it well (SQ70%), but I don't have capability to record and submit any of its signals for analysis.

We have never have received a .ts file of an example 45000 Symbol Rate transponder that you previously described. If a member with a PCI card could record the entire transport stream of one of these transponders for at least one minute and make available for us to test, we will correct the issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts