Trying To Use Primestar Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Shawn95GT said:
Hey Mike - I'm guessing it is the same but does this look like the same feedhorn?

http://www.satelliteguys.us/attachment.php?attachmentid=4805

This is from what I think was a Starband dish. I plan on fitting a QPH-031 to it when they are available.

Shawn

There are actually 2 different feedhorns used on the primestar dishes. One is about 2.6" in diameter and usually has a grey placstic cover that snaps over it. The other is larger (about 3 or 3.5" in diameter) and usually has a clear plastic covering that seems to be glued on. It looks like you have the larger one. Just make sure you use the arm that came with the dish this one was on as the arm used with the larger diameter feedhorn was just a tiny bit shorter. If it hasn't worn off there will be a sticker on the bottom of the arm. That sticker will say on it what dish size and which size feedhorn the arm is meant to be used with. For example it will say something like "This arm to be used only with model 75e dish and 2.6inch diameter feedhorn."

If I get some time over the weekend I can perhaps take a few pics of the 2 different feedhorns and post them if you like.

I'm sorry the Invacom pictures are a little blurred. Stefan it sure looks like the same.I hope these pictures get others to try the Invacom LNBs. I'm extremely pleased with mine! Mike

Attachments

• Invacom LNB 001.jpg
    Invacom LNB 001.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 127
  • Invacom LNB 002.jpg
    Invacom LNB 002.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 131
  • LNB 003.jpg
    LNB 003.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 151
They made a Primestar LNBF which had one coax connection in it where it was voltage switched at the receiver.

Yeah, upon closer inspection mine is different. It is most definately 3"+ and it has more rings in the feedhorn.

Both the P* and this Starband dish seem identical except that the Starband dish came with a skewable mount. I didn't get the feedhorn with my Primestar so I don't have it to compare. I plan on using the Starband dish on the Primestar mount so I think I'm good there.

It's VERY promising to hear you excellent results Mike. I can't wait for the QPF-031!

Shawn

Here are some pics of the 2 different primestar feedhorns. The smaller one is around 2.5 or 2.6" in diameter. The larger one is 3" or perhaps a bit bigger. In the first pics 2 of the smaller feedhorns are shown. The 2 smaller ones are the same. I included 2 of them in that pic to show the feedhorn with the grey plastic cover on and with it removed. I didn't take any pics of the arms but on dishes that came with the larger diameter feedhorn an arm that's just a tiny bit shorter was used. So, if anyone uses one of these larger feedhorns just make sure you use the arm that it was originally attached to and everything should be fine. Anyway, the smaller one is the most common. I believe the larger feedhorns were mainly used on dishes made later.

Attachments

• IMAG0038.jpg
    IMAG0038.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 131
  • IMAG0040.jpg
    IMAG0040.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 125
  • IMAG0042.jpg
    IMAG0042.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 106
Status
Please reply by conversation.