Tulsa HD locals?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Try a check switch, because they are on. I am surprised how well they look. Was watching Life earlier and jumping back and forth to the OTA feed, it was hard to tell a difference. Watching 2 News in HD on channel 2 now. I did notice it takes a few seconds for the channels to get video and once the searching for satellite screen pops up momentarily.

Try a check switch, because they are on. I am surprised how well they look. Was watching Life earlier and jumping back and forth to the OTA feed, it was hard to tell a difference. Watching 2 News in HD on channel 2 now. I did notice it takes a few seconds for the channels to get video and once the searching for satellite screen pops up momentarily.

EXACTLY the same what I observed.

Great HD Quality

I am seeing the same thing tunning to the Tulsa HD's. Get the searching for satellite screen for a couple of seconds every time I go away and then type in 2 6 or 8, but it does go away. I hope that gets fixed soon.

Last edited:
Yes, great news indeed. I was surprised when I got home Wednesday evening and my wife said she noticed Tulsa locals in HD on the guide (722 and 622 receivers). Wednesday evening we had both SD and HD locals via satellite (two separate channels) plus the OTA channel(s). Thursday morning I only see one "-00" channel and it's in HD. Which is fine with me, but it does screw up any timers that pointed to the "-00" channels which will need to be deleted and added back.

I was right on the edge of dropping Dish altogether in favor of OTA only with either an HD Tivo or a DIY Media Center PC. Our problem is that we typically only record shows off the major networks and therefore were limited to only 1 HD (OTA) at a time. We literally had to flip a coin to see who would get the HD timer for each time slot and who would have to record SD off sat. By adding HD locals we can now record up to 3 HD feeds (2 sat and 1 OTA) of ABC, CBS, or NBC if we need to. All I ask is that Fox23 HD be made available before American Idol starts back up or I won't hear the end of it from my wife and daughter.

Now, if Dish would start allowing me to stream/transfer recorded content between DVRs on a home network I'd be in heaven. For now I have to record the same content in two different rooms AND remember to delete the shows off "receiver 2" after watching it on "receiver 1".

YEAH!!!!! I was on with a CSR as soon as I was able to get on this site. The channels look great and it is also great to be back in Tulsa instead of OKC.

For now I have to record the same content in two different rooms AND remember to delete the shows off "receiver 2" after watching it on "receiver 1".

For recordings you know you'll probably watch before the next episode, try limiting saved recordings to 1 or 2 via the options menu on the timer. Then you don't have to delete anything manually.

KMYT (channel 41) was uplinked yesterday, but who knows when/if it'll be available.

No it wasn't, look again. That was guide data for the 41.2 subchannel.

I doubt we get anything other than Fox in the future and maybe PBS as most markets only have the Big 4 in HD, a few have the CW or PBS but not many.

Newport is playing hard ball with all their channels since they took over from Clear Channel.

Delay In Tulsa HD Locals

I called Dish tonight and was on the phone with them about 30 minutes. They are sending someone to look at it. I think it must be the maping since these channels are so new. I am sure some programmer forgot to assign them to 119 location becuase I have noticed more times than not it tries to pull from 110 location were the SD's are, or if I am comming form another HD channel on the 129 location it tries to pull from there. We'll see what the Tech says when he gets here.

I called Dish tonight and was on the phone with them about 30 minutes. They are sending someone to look at it. I think it must be the maping since these channels are so new. I am sure some programmer forgot to assign them to 119 location becuase I have noticed more times than not it tries to pull from 110 location were the SD's are, or if I am comming form another HD channel on the 129 location it tries to pull from there. We'll see what the Tech says when he gets here.

Don't think so... they are mapped to 119 like they are supposed to be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)