Tulsa HD locals?

In the past 3 days I have had to reset at least 1 of my recievers to get the Tulsa HD's I get the blue screen saying no need to call we know of this problem... blah...blah..blah, After the rest they come in. I am just about ready to trow the towel in on Dish. Maybe someone could get one of the local stations problems solvers on the case :)

Do you mean the channel 2 problem solvers? Tuesday evening the HD versions of the channels were just plain out for everybody hence the pane that was up in their place that said " no need to call we are aware of the problem". Now as far as Fox getting carried in HD on Dish I do not know, but at the least someone needs to let the station know they are missed because I think they have something to do with why they are not carried in HD. The pause or delay with searching for satellite screen before these HD locals will come in is hopefully something that Dish can fix. Just my two cents worth.

OK this is getting annoying. They might as well take these back off, seems like they are unavailable more than they are available. Have had the Sorry for the interruption, no need to call us logo on the screen since I got home. Guess all my timers need to go back to the OTA tuner and my Sony HDDVR.

I get the same thing osu1991, on at least one of my receivers every morning. I can have one tv on the local HD station, but the other receiver gets the same thing, they know about the problem no need to call us. :mad: After I reset the one that is not working it sorta works still get the delay. After I have seen how much dish is rasing their prices I am really considering switching. The only "new" national hd we have got in a while is the golf and vs split. I can't see paying more than what the competitor has and get fewer hd stations plus the the locals hds not comming in like they are supposed too.:mad:

I have not had my TV on tonight yet and except for the one evening when there was a pane up instead of the channels, these HD locals seem to be working at my house. There is a slight delay with searching for satellite screen sometimes and also no Fox.

Well I have made my decision to leave Dish. I am switching Jan. 17. I seen where a neighboring DMA (Sherman/Ada) is losing a local station due to a contract dispute. I would not be surprised if the SD version of Fox 23 eventually gets pulled if they can not work out a deal for the HD of Fox 23. I hope it just doesn't happen before Jan. 17. I will be mad if it happens durring the bowl games, bad enough not to see them in HD!

My Tulsa HD locals are no longer showing a searching for satellite before coming in. I new that was temporary. Now if I can just get Fox.

Well, I was really surprised tonight to find the local Fox is now available in HD on Dish. I had sort of resigned myself to the fact that it was not available, but tonight I decided to change my favorites list and I noticed it was available. What a surprise. Like I said I had figured for some reason it was not going to be broadcast. I will take any improvements they can make and I am not even really sure how long it has been available since I watch all of my programming from a favorites list and it previously was not even available as a selection. I guess there will be no more complaining about not having the local Fox in HD.

I recently rescanned my locals and now have 19.1 KQCW added to my receivers. I'm getting data for the original CW on 6.2, but not on the new one that I added a few days ago.

Is anyone else getting guide data on 19.1, or is dish not sending it out yet for this channel?

The guide data is still being mapped to 6.2. I submitted a request last week to the dishquality email address about getting the guide data remapped to 19.1 and was told it was turned into the department that handles that. Hopefully it changes soon. I had to add 19.00 back into my favorites so i can see the guide data and set manual timers.

I am thinking about comming back to Dish. Is the delay gone on the local Tulsa stations when you switch between them now? I do see that now all 4 (ABC, CBS, FOX, & NBC) are all in HD now. If the delay is gone I may be back.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)