Tulsa HD locals?

Don't know what the problem was, but dembinskij was correct. It would pull up the searching for satellite on 110 when you would try to tune to the hd locals, for a couple of seconds before it would get audio and video locked. But, when I switched over to news at 10, it was tuning normally.

I'm still seeing the same 2-3 second "Searching" delay on the Tulsa local on both my 722 and my 622. I have rebooted them both (even went through a 1.5 hour power outage last night, quite a "reboot").

Yeah OKC has all 4 so the Tulsa Fox sounds more like a contract issue or some other kind of hold up.. Might call the station ask when they will be providing their HD feed to Dish..

I called the fox station just like this. Basically I was told the reason they are not carried by Dish in HD was because Dish did not have a pick up for it yet and that I needed to call Dish to get them to do their part because that was the only hold up. I do not know with whom I spoke, but the person said Dish receives the sd version of their station from cox cable. He said cox has a fiber feed and that is where Dish gets it, and the reason Dish does not have the HD version of their station is because they need to set up an antenna to pick it up and they have not. He acted as if that was it, nothing about agreements with the station or anything. When they answered the phone they answered as ClearChannel not the new owner of the station somebody mentioned a while back. This sounds like something I would expect to hear. I wonder what the truth is? I wish others would please call so they will know there is some interest.

I emailed Fox 23 Here is the response I got:

Jason,

We are in current discussions with Dish Network and hope to have these resolved very soon. January will be here before you know it.

Thank you,

Holly Allen

On Dec 10, 2008:

Dear Holly,

Any idea when Fox 23 will be available in HD on Dish Network? I see I got ABC, CBS, & NBC from Tulsa today in HD on Dish Network, but was disappointed not to see FOX 23. I just got into contract with Dish Network so it is too expensive to buy out the contract and switch to DIRECTV. I hope you all and Dish Network can work out an agreement before the college bowls. Thank you for any information you can provide.

Sincerely,

Jason Dembinski
Grove, Oklahoma

They answer Clear Channel, because Clear Channel still owns the building and all the local radios stations that broadcast out of it over on Memorial. One of their on air reporters rents my old house from me, so I hope I am getting good info into this, but who knows.

Dang Jason, I was just in Grove on Monday visiting with the City Manager. Just like Dish and Fox23, I gotta negotiate a contract with the City for our company. I probably drove half way around the city and the lake looking at property damages all afternoon.

Tech Visit on Sunday

The tech guy just left. According to the Tech, Dish is still working out some bugs on the Tulsa HD locals. It would have been nice if the CSR could have told me that since I am sure they will bill me for this tech visit. All he did was tell me about the bugs they were working out and took pictures of the signal strength. So if you have a dish pointed at 110, 119, & 129 don't bother calling Dish it should be cleared up in around 10 days. I won't hold my breath. Don't get me wrong I am glad we have HD locals, it's just Dish needs to be more truthful about the problems they are having. I am still considering switching depends what they charge me for the tech!!:mad:

Tulsa 23 HD

Any updates on Fox 23 in HD. TV station blames dish Dish blames TV station. I do not care who is at fault just want it by Jan1

Well I emailed Dish too, and I just got their canned email response. "We wish we could add FOX HD".....blah blah blah. So Dish really doesn't care if they get it. Email FOX 23, they at least forward the email to somone else. Maybe that person has the power. Maybe if enough of us say we will switch to Directv since they do have FOX 23 that might make Dish care. Just some ideas.

Remember, all those Dish HD receivers have an OTA digital tuner. Try hooking up a UHF antenna and see if Fox23 comes in. Check at antennaweb for what type of antenna and what direction to point.

You'll find there are a lot more digital channels out there than Dish or Direct carry on their satellites.

Perhaps this is an overeaction, but the screen says, "Sorry for the interruption. There is no need to call us. We are working to have this channel back as soon as possible." Yada, Yada, Yada.
"The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away.", our lovely three HD locals over satellite are Gone Baby Gone. This is wonderful, just freakin' wonderful.

I had Life set up to record last night on channel 2 HD, and it wouldnt even record because the channel wouldnt come in. Luckily, I noticed the record light wasnt on at about 8:05, so I only missed a couple minutes.

In the past 3 days I have had to reset at least 1 of my recievers to get the Tulsa HD's I get the blue screen saying no need to call we know of this problem... blah...blah..blah, After the rest they come in. I am just about ready to trow the towel in on Dish. Maybe someone could get one of the local stations problems solvers on the case :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts