Turned 70 Yesterday!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lone Gunman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2010
southeast
Well, if someone had of told me when I was 20 that I'd live to see 70 I'd have called them a liar especially since my Dad died in 1966 of a massive heart attack at age 45! That was 2 weeks before my 21st birthday. That and all my aunts and uncles, etc on my Dad's side of the family either have heart trouble or are dead from it.

If I had of known I was going to live this long, I probably would have taken better care of myself when I was younger!

Life is good and every day above ground is a good one!

Congratulations. Another milestone. You are now outside the age window for heart attacks.
I'll be there in 3 years. Hopefully.

I know that feeling. ;) Next year I become the oldest man in my family for 4 generations past. And I got a ways to go before 70 ;)

Happy Belated Birthday!!

cake.jpg

Congrats on getting there. I have 16 months to go. My mother's sisters all lived well into their 80's. One 93 when she passed. Mother was 84 when I lost her years ago. Several on my father's side lived a long time also. I can only hope some of that was passed on to me.
RT cat is up to 15 people years......

Reactions: FTA4PA
Well, if someone had of told me when I was 20 that I'd live to see 70 I'd have called them a liar especially since my Dad died in 1966 of a massive heart attack at age 45! That was 2 weeks before my 21st birthday. That and all my aunts and uncles, etc on my Dad's side of the family either have heart trouble or are dead from it.

If I had of known I was going to live this long, I probably would have taken better care of myself when I was younger!

Life is good and every day above ground is a good one!
Welcome to the 70s club. Spooky how similar our stories are. My dad died of a heart attack at age 39 in 1958 2 weeks before my 17th birthday. Anyway, don't look back, your life is your own.

Nice Cake!

Yeah Fred, I was thinking that same thing. Yours is OK and I do appreciate the thought but that one Cosmo posted is something else, hey!

And speaking of cake, I had that, ice cream and a movie Friday evening along with spending some "quality" time with my darling Wife!

And thanks to all for the comments and such. Just hope I'm around to celebrate another one next year!!

Any bakers refuse to make the gun cake on moral grounds?

Anyway, wasn't there a religion way back when that believed in not living past a certain age? Maybe I'm just remembering a sci-fi story.

My father's mother died at 98. Wasn't happy about it. She outlived "everyone" she knew in town.

Status
Please reply by conversation.