Two Hopper 3 Install is Scheduled

Well, I talked to Matt, he said only one Hopper 3 per account, which I'm sure is still his response today.

I called the number and was told the same thing, only one H3 per account, I said I could purchase one and use the DPH42 switch. Told the same thing, only one H3 per account regardless if purchased or not and the DPH42 is not needed with a single H3.

I currently have 3 HWS and 3 Joey's, the wife and I had two HWS since we watched a lot of stuff and a separate HWS for the mother-in-law as it was too much hassle with her messing with our timers and programs.

Not sure if I should just try calling the number again, but I didn't get anywhere with them.

Couple people on here have accomplished this feat, so not sure what the issue is.

Well, I talked to Matt, he said only one Hopper 3 per account, which I'm sure is still his response today.

I called the number and was told the same thing, only one H3 per account, I said I could purchase one and use the DPH42 switch. Told the same thing, only one H3 per account regardless if purchased or not and the DPH42 is not needed with a single H3.

I currently have 3 HWS and 3 Joey's, the wife and I had two HWS since we watched a lot of stuff and a separate HWS for the mother-in-law as it was too much hassle with her messing with our timers and programs.

Not sure if I should just try calling the number again, but I didn't get anywhere with them.

Couple people on here have accomplished this feat, so not sure what the issue is.
When is the last time you contacted DISH and DIRT? I just got my bill couple days ago and both my Hopper 3s are there on one account.

Call the Presidents office as others have.

Reactions: pattykay
Sorry, guess I should of said that I called the Presidents number instead of the number.

But yeah, I called the Presidents number and was told only one Hopper 3 per account.

Guess I can try calling again as it doesn't seem to be cut and dry.

Well that worked, called in again, spoke with someone else and she noted my account on how to do 2 Hopper 3 install (as she recently did a 3 Hopper 3 order)

I'll order up a Hopper 3 and call back for the install.
If you are going to order a Hopper 3 from a retailer, be sure you tell them that the DPH42 switch will be installed so you will need a pre-installed software Hopper 3. You might want to call them and make sure they know about it.

Reactions: JSheridan
In that the H3 already exceeds the old number of allowed "leased" tuners, not likely

We know that 2 Hopper 3 installations on 1 bill is granted when you reach the right person at the President's #. We also know that the 4K joey has not lived up to its once advertised features of PIP and Netflix. DIRT needs to be allowed to upgrade all the 4K Joeys to Hopper 3s. and installers need to be trained on how to install these 2 H3 systems. The current process to do the upgrade for less than the technically advanced is too filled with potential problems, The customer should be able to simply ask to replace their 4K Joey with a H3 and all the right equipment is delivered and installed.

Reactions: charlesrshell
DIRT needs to be allowed to upgrade all the 4K Joeys to Hopper 3s.
Haha ! Good luck with that !
Yeah, I'm not sure I want the whir of rotational media to invade my bedroom again... :)

Since my Sony Bravia can do PiP and Netflix, I'm not hurting feature-wise. Would I like an additional $50 / month off my bill as compensation for all the failed 4K Joey promises? You bet! But I know the best I can hope for is software updates that one day provides the features that were hinted at at launch -14 months (i.e., CES 2015)

Installed 2nd Hopper 3 today (self install) . Called regular 800 number to activate. Receiver is activated and working but I am only seeing one satellite. (61.5) Not sure if the switch or the LNB is bad. See picture of screen. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 20170630_184723_001.jpg
    20170630_184723_001.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 167