Two Hopper 3 Install is Scheduled

I can't believe the responses I'm getting from DISH, almost feels like they DON'T want to retain any business. I've called multiple times, contacted DIRT still to no avail. I've pleaded with them, said I'd pay for the second Hopper, I asked if I could get one Hopper 3 and keep the Hopper with Sling and they said NO, I even asked if my mother could open a separate account and keep her Hopper and our Hopper on separate accounts and they said NO, can't do 2 accounts at the same address. This is just insanely poor customer service!

Reactions: charlesrshell
I can't believe the responses I'm getting from DISH, almost feels like they DON'T want to retain any business. I've called multiple times, contacted DIRT still to no avail. I've pleaded with them, said I'd pay for the second Hopper, I asked if I could get one Hopper 3 and keep the Hopper with Sling and they said NO, I even asked if my mother could open a separate account and keep her Hopper and our Hopper on separate accounts and they said NO, can't do 2 accounts at the same address. This is just insanely poor customer service!
Have you tried the President's office?

This is just insanely poor customer service!
In your opinion. Let's presume the rules did change (again). Not breaking their rules or policy is poor customer service ? No, it's not. Not allowing (2) accounts at (1) address is their policy, not poor customer service.

Good customer service doesn't have to mean "give the customer anything they want"

Yes! Within reason, of course. "Give the customer anything they want" was also the policy of a certain Sam Walton. I don't think I need to remind anybody how well his company is doing ;)
That's a saying, not fact or policy, so I say bull**** on that one. Go to Walmart, tell them you want that $900 TV for $49 and see how it goes. It's what the customer wants, right ?

That's a saying, not fact or policy, so I say bull**** on that one. Go to Walmart, tell them you want that $900 TV for $49 and see how it goes. It's what the customer wants, right ?

I said within reason. Does that sound like within reason? It has more to do with return policies and such.

First I've heard of that. Would seem to be a bad idea, from Dish's point of view.
No, it would seem to be a good idea, from Dish's point of view. What would be a bad idea would be for Dish to do all of the work to win back a customer who had just cancelled, only to end up with that customer still being ticked off at Dish because now they can't watch their archived recordings from the external hard drive.

... I even asked if my mother could open a separate account and keep her Hopper and our Hopper on separate accounts and they said NO, can't do 2 accounts at the same address. ...

I wonder if this would work? If your address was "123 Some Street" could you change it to "123A Some Street" and "123B Some Street?" I think there are some setups like that, where two different families live in one house or one duplex. The postal service would probably ignore the character after the street number.

I wonder if this would work? If your address was "123 Some Street" could you change it to "123A Some Street" and "123B Some Street?" I think there are some setups like that, where two different families live in one house or one duplex. The postal service would probably ignore the character after the street number.

Suite B, Apt 5 etc

I even asked if my mother could open a separate account and keep her Hopper and our Hopper on separate accounts and they said NO, can't do 2 accounts at the same address. This is just insanely poor customer service!
If you are actually willing to do that, then there is a way around Dish's policy. You would have to "move" the existing account to a different address, and then open a new account at the old (your actual) address. You probably wouldn't qualify for new customer offers on the second account, so you would still have to purchase the Hopper 3, but you already said that you were willing to do that.

I just saw this post above:
It is probably better to just make up a different address that doesn't actually exist, such as 121 Some Street. If you have paper bills sent by mail, you could keep the billing address at 123 Some Street. Otherwise, you could just do paperless billing.

Reactions: comfortably_numb

Suite B, Apt 5 etc
^^ Yes, just make up an apartment number