Two Hopper 3 Install is Scheduled

No, it would seem to be a good idea, from Dish's point of view. What would be a bad idea would be for Dish to do all of the work to win back a customer who had just cancelled, only to end up with that customer still being ticked off at Dish because now they can't watch their archived recordings from the external hard drive.

Incentive not to cancel in the first place. Don't let them think there's no cost to dropping and returning.

Incentive not to cancel in the first place. Don't let them think there's no cost to dropping and returning.

My contract was up in July; I called in to "The Loyalty Team" to cancel and they told me that they *do* have the ability to apply "new customer pricing" to current accounts now. The guy told me they started that policy earlier this year. That was how I was able to upgrade to the H3 and get the new customer discounts x24 months and also 6 months free of HBO and Cinemax.

My contract was up in July; I called in to "The Loyalty Team" to cancel and they told me that they *do* have the ability to apply "new customer pricing" to current accounts now.
Yes, I noticed, when you posted about the offer you got, that Dish gave you the discounted $10 per month DVR fee. If I remember correctly, though, you did not get the discounted $5 per month Joey fee. On the other hand, I seem to remember someone posting that the discount on the Joey fee is not available with Flex Pack.

The guy told me they started that policy earlier this year.
That's interesting, because it was earlier this year when I suggested that Dish should do exactly that. ;):D

Yes, I noticed, when you posted about the offer you got, that Dish gave you the discounted $10 per month DVR fee. If I remember correctly, though, you did not get the discounted $5 per month Joey fee. On the other hand, I seem to remember someone posting that the discount on the Joey fee is not available with Flex Pack.

That's interesting, because it was earlier this year when I suggested that Dish should do exactly that. ;):D

I didn't know about the $5 Joey offer. I have Latino Max package now. Does that qualify for the $5 Joey?

I didn't know about the $5 Joey offer. I have Latino Max package now. Does that qualify for the $5 Joey?
It might. You can always ask Dish about it, the same way you asked them to get the offer you already got. I wasn't sure if you knew that the $5 Joey offer existed, so I thought I should mention it in case you were interested, since it is a new customer offer, and you just said that existing customers now qualify for new customer offers. :)

It might. You can always ask Dish about it, the same way you asked them to get the offer you already got. I wasn't sure if you knew that the $5 Joey offer existed, so I thought I should mention it in case you were interested, since it is a new customer offer, and you just said that existing customers now qualify for new customer offers. :)

I just called them and they said $5 Joey offer doesn't exist :(

They are absolutely refusing to apply $5/month Joey offer. Not a huge deal, but it's frustrating.
**Team Summit Update**

"The $10 hopper fee and $5 Joey fees are only for new customer promotions. No the Flex doesn't qualify it's AT120 or higher to get this pricing as a new customer."

Maybe it is based on the package you had when you signed up for the offer. Didn't you start with Flex?

**Team Summit Update**

"The $10 hopper fee and $5 Joey fees are only for new customer promotions. No the Flex doesn't qualify it's AT120 or higher to get this pricing as a new customer."

Maybe it is based on the package you had when you signed up for the offer. Didn't you start with Flex?

Yes. They said that unless the agent offered the promotion at renewal time, it would not be given. In other words, you should be educated on the current promotions, because they aren't obligated to tell you about them.

Let the buyer beware, I suppose.

Last edited:
Reactions: littlecloud319
Yes. They said that unless the agent offered the promotion at renewal time, it would not be given. In other words, you should be educated on the current promotions, because they aren't obligated to tell you about them.

Let the buyer beware, I suppose.
That's not uncommon. I will call Verizon every so often and ask for a special offer/deal/discount and they look what they have and if available, will mention it and/or offer it to me. Sometimes they'll say there's nothing currently available and to try back in a couple of weeks because deals come and go all the time. More than once, I was aware of an offer/discount that they didn't mention and they can give it to you - but you have to specifically know about it and ask. They said that - you have to tell us about it and if you do, we can't refuse it. Now, their system can as some accounts don't qualify for it or it only works if you have certain plans, etc, etc.

That's not uncommon. I will call Verizon every so often and ask for a special offer/deal/discount and they look what they have and if available, will mention it and/or offer it to me. Sometimes they'll say there's nothing currently available and to try back in a couple of weeks because deals come and go all the time. More than once, I was aware of an offer/discount that they didn't mention and they can give it to you - but you have to specifically know about it and ask. They said that - you have to tell us about it and if you do, we can't refuse it. Now, their system can as some accounts don't qualify for it or it only works if you have certain plans, etc, etc.
Yeah, the Playboy TV free for three months offer on Directv works the same way. If you just call and ask about freebies, they usually won't mention this one. However, if you tell them that you saw the infomercial advertising the deal, they can give it to you.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I dare say there are more people that don't want Playboy on their boxes, even for free, than will accept it for free.

Not sure its even possible anymore. Seems like they've shut down pretty much anyone trying lately.

that is not what i want to hear , cause my current h3 drive is about to fail has been for months cause certain some one in house does nothing but record 35+ things week 90% of is never watched and even if it is it not deleted so im surprised the drive didnt fail sooner, cause when we had 2 hws and 2 joeys 1 joey to each hws, the box they were on failed every year for 3 years i had that setup. and I cant just remove them from system with cause 5x more headache then this would been.

I didnt care about then cause my stuff and dads stuff where on other box, and her and moms was on the other box and mom dont record much. but now all our recording are on one box.