Two receivers with Glorystar system

We have decided that the performance of a fixed Monoblock for reception of linear polarized signals is not a viable option at this time for the large geographical area of North America with current variance in transponder strengths and broadcasters link budgets.

In order to provide reliable performance throughout the footprint of AMC4 and Galaxy25, a minimum of 3 models with different aperture offsets would need to be distributed to achieve an acceptable signal to noise ratio. This is not a real option due to the development and manufacturing costs and also the distribution challenges.

The performance of the monoblocks were acceptable until the launch of Galaxy 16 at 99W. The presence of this satellite has caused considerable interference issues with the weaker and certain horizontal transponders on Galaxy25. When the replacement satellite for 97W is launched, the stronger transponders and adjustable beams may once again open up the option for a monoblock.

Another solution will be introduced in upcoming months to provide multi-room and optimized multi-satellite reception. We apologize for the delay on the release of a multi-room option. Glorystar will release a solution that will provide predictable and reliable signal reception.

I guess that means it is time for me to stop delaying and buy a 2nd dish with the DVR. One can have two receivers and one satellite, one receiver and two satellites or two receivers with two dishes and two satellites.

We have decided that the performance of a fixed Monoblock for reception of linear polarized signals is not a viable option at this time for the large geographical area of North America with current variance in transponder strengths and broadcasters link budgets.

In order to provide reliable performance throughout the footprint of AMC4 and Galaxy25, a minimum of 3 models with different aperture offsets would need to be distributed to achieve an acceptable signal to noise ratio. This is not a real option due to the development and manufacturing costs and also the distribution challenges.

The performance of the monoblocks were acceptable until the launch of Galaxy 16 at 99W. The presence of this satellite has caused considerable interference issues with the weaker and certain horizontal transponders on Galaxy25. When the replacement satellite for 97W is launched, the stronger transponders and adjustable beams may once again open up the option for a monoblock.

Another solution will be introduced in upcoming months to provide multi-room and optimized multi-satellite reception. We apologize for the delay on the release of a multi-room option. Glorystar will release a solution that will provide predictable and reliable signal reception.

bummer. But at least you were honest with us and let us know the shortfalls instead of putting out a product and having issues :)
That's what makes a dealer GREAT!

I guess that means it is time for me to stop delaying and buy a 2nd dish with the DVR. One can have two receivers and one satellite, one receiver and two satellites or two receivers with two dishes and two satellites.
Shane,
Did you ever locate a dealer in our area?

No. I was never successful in that. I plan to buy a second dish and figure out one way or another how to install everything so I can help others in the future.

Brian,

Too bad the monoblock won't work out right now. Thanks for your honesty and for not releasing a product that won't work well for all of us. I am looking forward to Plan B.

Brian,

Thanks for the link. That's a very visually appealing web site! I sent off an email, but it appears they provide installation, but not hardware. I will post my findings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts