Two receivers with Glorystar system

To connect 2 receivers you will be able to use the two output monoblock. Connecting 3 or 4 receivers would require the 4 output monoblock. To service 5 or more receivers will require a 4 output monoblock with a standard DirecTV type multiswitch (4 or 5 x number of receivers).

We were looking at bandstacking, but the development cost is too high at this time.

Future: We are very excited about the use of fiber optics to link the receivers to the LNBF. Expect Invacom to be a leader in this technology, but it will take a few years for this technology to trickle down to FTA. Imagine virtually unlimited bandwidth for stacking satellite positions on one line that can be split to unlimited receivers!

The future of Dish Network and Directv installations - fiber from the lnbf to the rooms or to a master box that would feed the rest of the house through coax wires, existing phone/electric wiring in the house.

Future, yes.

Present, no.

Several years before that technology will be cost effective and available for standard linear type installations.

The future of Dish Network and Directv installations - fiber from the lnbf to the rooms or to a master box that would feed the rest of the house through coax wires, existing phone/electric wiring in the house.

I've seen some UK companies that sell 3 degree and 4 degree spacing monoblocks, but I'm not sure they'd fit in the dual mount that comes with the Glorystar system. I also found a company that makes a quad lnbf with a bullet-style feedhorn that would probably fit into the glorystar mount (in pairs). However, it's almost 3Q07, so might as well wait for the Glorystar official monobock that should be coming real soon now.

What the monoblock will look like? Any Pic?
Here's a pic of another company's monoblock (for reference):
34mono.jpg

And here's the bullet-style dual lnbf that might work in the Glorystar dual lnbf holder:
LNB_QUAD_bottlenose.jpg.jpg

I can't wait for the new monoblock! Right now, I just have two receivers with the line split through a switch (in place for future monoblock usage). I just kill the power on the one receiver when I want to use the other reciever (one in livingroom and one in bedroom). It is a pain in the butt, and obviously you cant turn on and use both receivers at the same time (for fear of frying components, not to mention it just won't work), but it is better than nothing until the monoblock comes out.

I installed GS about a month ago here in central Mexico. Glad to hear about monoblock. I definitely would like to add a second receiver. How soon will it be available? Thanks GloryStar for a great system!

We have had working samples of a exclusively produced Monoblock for 8 months, but have not been satisfied with the signal quality on the weaker transponders. Until the monoblock LNBF can provide equal or better gain with rejection of interference from nearby satellites, we will not release.

Sorry about the delay, but when it is released, it will be worth the wait!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)