two versions K2HD Panther???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

vassho

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 1, 2008
I have a post about a KBox K2 Black Panther I bought and just received it it says K2 HD Panther
In my last post I was told it was a hack box, did not have blind scan and not much good to be said about it

I havent hooked it up yet as its been storming and still have adjustments to my C band dish to finish
But looking thru the manual I am wondering is there 2 versions of this receiver
This has everything that these top end receivers have according to Technical specs as blind scan dvb s2 and according to the manual under demodulation it is QPSK/8PSK, which I have see the 8PSK units are sold separate , but according to the manual its built in to this receiver already

Is it possible that there was two versions made as the sticker on the back of the receiver has model# Serial # Date 2010

after reading my last post I was rather bummed as i was told there was no blind scan and the 8PSK really surprised me that the manual has it in the specs
Just wondering about if there are 2 different receivers out there
Thanks

i dont think the receiver will do DVB-S2 FTA....i think that is referring to a certain providers HD channels....DVB-S2 is listed in the specs of MANY hack boxes but they will not normally do FTA DVB-S2....i would be very suprised if that receiver can do it....

just to add....i have a sonicview SV8000 HD that is basically the same deal....it lists DVB-S2 in the specs and it even shows a DVB-S2 option in the menus but it will not pickup FTA DVB-S2 even when the option is enable/selected....i have tried many times....

just to add....i have a sonicview SV8000 HD that is basically the same deal....it lists DVB-S2 in the specs and it even shows a DVB-S2 option in the menus but it will not pickup FTA DVB-S2 even when the option is enable/selected....i have tried many times....

Most HD hack boxes such as the Sonicview 8000 just add DVB-S2 in their specs in order to legally promote the fact that they support 8PSK, even if the software and/or hardware does not even support it out of the box. Pirates know that they have to purchase and add the Turbo 8PSK tuner module in order to receive HD channels on Dish Network and Bell TV. As there is no need for DVB-S2 to hack Dish Network or Bell TV, hacker box manufacturers don't even bother adding support for it. There are a few exceptions to this however such as Coolsat and Diamond HD receivers which support DVB-S2 8PSK out of the box.

Most HD hack boxes such as the Sonicview 8000 just add DVB-S2 in their specs in order to legally promote the fact that they support 8PSK, even if the software and/or hardware does not even support it out of the box. Pirates know that they have to purchase and add the Turbo 8PSK tuner module in order to receive HD channels on Dish Network and Bell TV. As there is no need for DVB-S2 to hack Dish Network or Bell TV, hacker box manufacturers don't even bother adding support for it. There are a few exceptions to this however such as Coolsat and Diamond HD receivers which support DVB-S2 8PSK out of the box.

thanks....i realize all of that....i was not expecting my SV8000 to get the DVB-S2....i was just saying this to prove my point and the specs not being correct on most hack boxes....

picked them right up

i dont think the receiver will do DVB-S2 FTA....i think that is referring to a certain providers HD channels....DVB-S2 is listed in the specs of MANY hack boxes but they will not normally do FTA DVB-S2....i would be very suprised if that receiver can do it....

Did Blind scan and sure enough picked up on all dvb s2

Here is something odd I have my 8ft primefocus dish with the Corotor Kbox K2 HD simple as can be DVB S2 no problems at all even after all these mixed reviews . I could not figure out whats what, why so many saying it wont do DVB S2 when in fact I had no problems

So I took the receiver up to my sons room where he has his Offset dish with the DMX 741U, and the K2 is a nightmare even with it being programmed off my primefocus I should have had no issues with it on this offset , and the DMX as its picking up the norms when it comes to the DVB S2 signals it doesnt want to grab them,

There has to be issue with what dish and what Feedhorns are being used
FTA has been a Hobby of mine since the mid 1980s and I have always disliked these off set but more so hate these c/KU band feed horns with polarity changing thru the Coax

Brought it back down hooked it up to my primefocus and runs like a dream
I will just stick to my Primefocus and corotors rather have a servo than a Polarity changes thru a pulse thru a coax
My son can enjoy his system as he says its much less to deal with instead of having separate box to switch polarity and to turn the dish when he can do it from one box.

I Imagine many issues that arise from various receivers has to do with what I have just found, Prime Focus and corotors are the only way to go for me
If one wants something it just doesnt come easy which these Off set dishs and DMX type LNBF systems I say is the easier way from set up to operating

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)