This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

UF's Urban Meyer Steps Down as Head Football Coach

I guess now he is "not so sick". [ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4774134"]Florida Gators coach Urban Meyer will return after leave of absence - ESPN[/ame]

Last edited:

After the Bowl would be better, but at least it wasn't announced NY Eve. or the week before the MNC game, taking away the hype of that game, like MANY others would have done. (not necessarily in football only), that is something that the yankees pull everytime they are not in the WS.

I guess now he is "not so sick". Fact of the matter is he doesnt want to be a losing coach which is what the Gators are looking at.

Actually, I think the doctors figured that he would have time off during the off season .... and Urban decided that he could get better and probably be able to be an advisor.

Yeah, College fan messageboard, that is so reliable. I guess VolXtra doesn't realize that you are not getting any real serious playing time as a freshman without early enrollment. But, hey it is on the internet it must be true.

Yeah, College fan messageboard, that is so reliable. I guess VolXtra doesn't realize that you are not getting any real serious playing time as a freshman without early enrollment. But, hey it is on the internet it must be true.
I know ESPN may not be the journalistic equivalent of the Washington post but.....

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=4773136"]Urban Meyer's decision sends shock waves through Florida's top-ranked class - ESPN[/ame]

I know ESPN may not be the journalistic equivalent of the Washington post but.....

Urban Meyer's decision sends shock waves through Florida's top-ranked class - ESPN

Where does it say they are decommitting?

This is all speculation, let me know when they actually lose a commit. Until than it is all conjecture.

College football recruiting can get nasty, not so sure these are not plant stories from other schools. I'd hope we do the same if the roles were reversed.

Um, no one ever said they were actually take the final step of decommitting. The questioning of the commitment by the recruits is just the usual process that occurs when a coach leaves a program hanging, especially at a key recuiting period such as this. Meyer's flip-flop interim announcement is probably an effort to reassure these recruits that he will still be involved in the program.

even when he made his announcement saturday night, he said he planned to stay with the university in a non coaching role.