UGH!! bummer

Status
Please reply by conversation.

LordAlex

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 6, 2006
As per another topic "weekend FTA projects" I mentioned I was going to tweak and scan in birds today. All was well but all of a suddent the motor went to reference position and now won't move via the receiver. I can go out to it and move it with the button but not from inside. I reset factory settings then restored my channel list via the SD card ....no good. All I can get now is channels on Nimiq 2, my true south bird. I have an sg2100 and Pansat 3500sd; any ideas?

:hatsoff:

- Disconnect power from the 3500 (throw the big switch, don't just put it to sleep)

- Remove the coax from the back of the receiver

- Wait 15-20 seconds

- Reconnect the coax

- Apply power to your receiver and see what happens.

If the above does not work (It should) you may have to do a reset on the SG2100, details in the manual!

Again...u are the MAN! Ok , that unlocked it..but I have a question about 1.2... usals is pretty much on but a littel nudging with 1.2 gives a little extra with some birds, but it doesn't seem to want to go back to those stored settings.

:hatsoff:

yep with the Pansat, you have to change the top line from "NULL" to a number. Make sure to write it down as you go through the satellites so you dont override one :)

I have the same deal with my SatWorks motor. If you don't remember which satellite is in which motor position, you have to go through all of them to figure out which positions are available.

what I do is make the true south #27 (thats the 1st one in my Pansat 1500) and then start at the farthest east satellite you can go and label that 28, next one west 29, etc

When I first set up my stuff, I did not write things down. Boy, did I learn my lesson! Now I keep a notebook of everything.
- Dish configuration
- Motor Settings
- Signal quality reports to myself
- New and interesting transponders mentioned in passing on the site

You name it, it's probably in the book.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)