Unimas 408?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

BBruin66

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Maine
It's disappeared from my guide.

Was looking forward to some MLS tonight, but I can't tune the channel? I swear I was watching it earlier in the year. Did something change?

Using scoreguide, tomorrows 7pm game is listed on 408 & 464.

464 is regular UniD which is showing Copa MX tonight, which is the more popular game.

Unimas 408 is, and always has been, on the 119 satellite so you need the 5 LNB dish to receive it, in HD or SD. Local Unimas (if there is one in Maine) will be on the SL3 dish.

It's there, I promise you! Is streaming it an option for you?

Attachments

• 1477536759705.jpg
    1477536759705.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 163
Reactions: BBruin66
I should also mention that I believe that Unimas is one of the 119 channels in the traditional Directv English packages so perhaps a LNB swap is in order. There are a few of these such channels. Unimas has a lot of MLS coverage, as it appears you are aware.

I should also mention that I believe that Unimas is one of the 119 channels in the traditional Directv English packages so perhaps a LNB swap is in order. There are a few of these such channels. Unimas has a lot of MLS coverage, as it appears you are aware.
I just got this installed in the spring and am pretty sure I have the 5 LNB setup as I am using a C61k for 4K (104-106). Is there anyplace in the software that will tell me?

Since 4K is not on the 119, having 4K has nothing to do with having a 5 LNB dish. Hold down "info" for like 5 or 6 seconds. It will change to "System info & Test"... select and press "more system info"... it is is on the first part of the list that shows up on the screen. You want to see SL5 LNB. Separately, I see RB/INTL: None, but you probably see something else. It's possible you had a non-4K, regular ol' HD 5 LNB but they changed it to a 3 LNB when you went 4K which will need reverse band. I don't think they had 5 LNB reverse band this spring, but I am not fully 4K fluent. That would make 408 be there a while ago and it not be there now...

Reactions: BBruin66 and Jimbo
I just got this installed in the spring and am pretty sure I have the 5 LNB setup as I am using a C61k for 4K (104-106). Is there anyplace in the software that will tell me?

I am just posting this to give the OP a notification. None of us quoted them and now they'll have a notification. Sometimes, I miss things without a notification, but am often guilty of replying without quoting...

Reactions: BBruin66
Yes there is an SL5 reverse LNB available now

So if the OP did have a regular 5 LNB at one time, but signed up for 4K before the SL5 RB was released, they would lose 408. But it's good to know that they can switch back and keep 4K. I thought it was out, but I wasn't sure.

Yeah my Dish type is SL3 LNB :(

According to Dish pointer 119 has an 18.8 degree elevation from me.

It looks like I'm getting a combo of Sats around 99-101 which are around 30 degrees.

Thanks for the help guys!

Yeah my Dish type is SL3 LNB :(

According to Dish pointer 119 has an 18.8 degree elevation from me.

It looks like I'm getting a combo of Sats around 99-101 which are around 30 degrees.

Thanks for the help guys!

Like Claude said, there is a SL5 reverse band available, if you really want Unimas.

And let's hope you're getting 99, 101, and 103, too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.