Upcoming DirecTV Local HD Markets (October)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
DirecTV updated the list of upcoming HD Local market launches today.

DIRECTV: Local Channels in HD

• Bangor ME Dec 08
    Beaumont-Port Arthur TX Dec 08
    Boise ID Nov 08
    Butte-Bozeman MT Dec 08
    Charleston SC Oct 08
    Colorado Springs-Pueblo CO Oct 08
    Columbia-Jefferson City MO Oct 08
    Davenport IA-Rock Island IL-Moline IL Oct 08
    Dayton OH Oct 08
    Des Moines-Ames IA Nov 08
    El Paso TX Nov 08
    Evansville IN Oct 08
    Fort Smith AR Nov 08
    Fort Wayne IN Nov 08
    Greenville-New Bern-Washington NC Jan 09
    Harlingen-Brownsville TX Nov 08
    Harrisonburg VA Dec 08
    La Crosse-Eau Claire WI Nov 08
    Macon GA Nov 08
    Norfolk-Newport News VA Oct 08
    Palm Springs CA Dec 08
    Peoria-Bloomington IL Nov 08
    Rockford IL Nov 08
    Savannah GA Oct 08
    Sioux Falls SD Nov 08
    Springfield-Holyoke MA Oct 08
    Tallahassee FL Dec 08
    Traverse City-Cadillac MI Nov 08

------------------
There is now an updated list from DirecTV.

See this thread:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv...unch-schedule-november-march.html#post1560795

Some of the dates originally listed have been delayed.

Last edited:
Question re: local hd burlington vt

Hope it's ok to ask this question here. I'm trying to find out if Directv will ever broadcast the WPTZ(Burlington, VT), channel 5-2 24 hr weather station. We're about 80-85 miles out and can't get an ota signal. If I'm in the wrong area, my apology.

DirecTV has not started carrying weather stations in any market, so to answer your question, it's not on the radar :D

WELCOME to Satguys!

it's not on the radar :D

:D
excited.gif
rotf.gif

Cedar Rapids, Waterloo Iowa launched last February, minus KCRG, the ABC affiliate (and #1 station in the market) which DirecTV seems to have NO interest in contacting to work out a deal with.

The Des Moines, IA locals were scheduled for November on the previous list but not on this one?

At: DIRECTV - Upcoming HD Local Market Launches it says:

September: Burlington Vt.-Plattsburgh, N.Y.; Champaign-Springfield-Decatur, Ill.; Myrtle Beach-Florence, S.C.

October: Boise, Idaho; Charleston, S.C.; Colorado Springs-Pueblo, Colo.; Columbia-Jefferson City, Mo.; Davenport, Iowa-Rock Island, Ill., Moline, Ill.; Dayton, Ohio; Evansville, Ind.; Harlingen-Brownsville, Texas; Norfolk-Newport News, Va.; Savannah, Ga.; Springfield-Holyoke, Mass.

November: Des Moines-Ames, Iowa; El Paso, Texas; Fort Smith, Ark.; Fort Wayne, Ind.; Greenville-New Bern-Washington, N.C.; La Crosse-Eau Claire, Wis.; Macon, Ga.; Peoria-Bloomington, Ill.; Rockford, Ill.; Sioux Falls, S.D.; Traverse City-Cadillac, MI

December: Dothan, AL; Bangor, Maine; Beaumont-Port Arthur, Texas; Butte-Bozeman, Mont.; Harrisonburg, Va.; Palm Springs, CA; Tallahassee, Fla.

Looks like DirecTV added a couple on the list they may have missed when updating the page.

This list was directed to us as the latest from Directv.

I just visited the page again and recopied it to the first post.

There are some changes to this new list, for example, Greenville NC was moved from November to January.

The page Rad posted above is the original list, that page hasn't been updated since it's origianl release. I would take the latest list in the first post as most-accurate at this point.

Again, here is the link for the latest info:
http://directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageNR.jsp?assetId=3620002

The page Rad posted above is the original list, that page hasn't been updated since it's origianl release. I would take the latest list in the first post as most-accurate at this point.

Hey, sorry. I hate it when web sites have two different places with information and they don't agree with each other.

I was curious and e-mailed DirecTV about Norfolk-Newport News and got this back:

Thank you for writing us.

I have checked our resources and found that HD locals in Norfolk-Newport News VA local market is expected to be available by October 1, 2008. For the latest update on your upcoming HD locals, please stay tuned to directv.com/locals.

Thanks again for writing.

Sincerely,

Arnold M.
Employee ID #: 100146380
DIRECTV Customer Service

Upcoming DirecTV Local HD Markets

I was curious and e-mailed DirecTV about Norfolk-Newport News and got this back:

A very reliable and well informed poster on the "other site" is saying that Norfolk-Newport News will launch tomorrow.

Vurbano, tomorrow is your big day (hopefully)!:eureka

Once again the so called leader in HD still doesn't have Huntsville, AL (DMA #82) on the radar.
Comcast and Dish already do. :confused:

These are the official markets planned to launch Wed October 1:

Charleston, SC
Norfolk, VA
Springfield / Holyoke, MA
Savannah, GA

Once again the so called leader in HD still doesn't have Huntsville, AL (DMA #82) on the radar.
Comcast and Dish already do. :confused:

I am in DMA #64 and am still waiting too.:(

Status
Please reply by conversation.