Upcoming DirecTV Local HD Markets (October)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Upcoming DirecTV Local HD Markets

A very reliable and well informed poster on the "other site" is saying that Norfolk-Newport News will launch tomorrow.

Vurbano, tomorrow is your big day (hopefully)!:eureka

Posters from the Norfolk-Newport News-Virginia Beach area are reporting on the "other site" that the big 4 locals are up.

Vurbano, how about it?

Posters from the Norfolk-Newport News-Virginia Beach area are reporting on the "other site" that the big 4 locals are up.

Vurbano, how about it?

From past posts he won't be that impressed since not all of his market's HD locals will be up and running. And to some extent I agree with him. It is nice that D* has the big four in lots of markets but most markets have at least 7 HD locals. The big four plus CW, My Network TV and PBS. While about 25 markets have the CW and some have MY Network TV, I don't think any have PBS. In most of these markets, cable does have all of the local HD channels. I know in my market, the local TWC does have all 7 available HD locals where as I only get 4 from D*. So D* needs to get on the ball and start adding additional HD locals to markets where they already have the big four.

Once again the so called leader in HD still doesn't have Huntsville, AL (DMA #82) on the radar.
Comcast and Dish already do. :confused:

Dish doesn't have a lot of markets ahead of Huntsville up yet... Cincinnati, Ohio (#25?) isn't up yet, neither are a lot of other high DMAs.

And Comcast is a bad comparison... every local cable system gets the HDs online, it is easy for them.

Based on the D* database, the 4 markets for today have launched. Here are the stations they say are included:

Charleston SC: Big 4 + MNT

Norfolk VA: Big 4

Springfield MA: Big 4 (but FOX is listed as channel 6, the local is on 61, could someone in Springfield verify if you have FOX)

Savannah GA: ABC, NBC, CBS (No Fox)

Also, Louisville KY had their CW station added in HD.

Nothing in the database shows PBS in HD for these new markets. If PBS is up in one, could you clarify it is HD, or perhaps just a digital feed in Sd.

I'm in Newport News and I'm not getting them yet.

Should I reboot my receiver?

Based on the D* database, the 4 markets for today have launched. Here are the stations they say are included:

Charleston SC: Big 4 + MNT

Norfolk VA: Big 4

Springfield MA: Big 4 (but FOX is listed as channel 6, the local is on 61, could someone in Springfield verify if you have FOX)

Savannah GA: ABC, NBC, CBS (No Fox)

Also, Louisville KY had their CW station added in HD.

Nothing in the database shows PBS in HD for these new markets. If PBS is up in one, could you clarify it is HD, or perhaps just a digital feed in Sd.

Jason,

Can you confirm in the database WCAX (3) CBS HD local for Burlington VT-Plattsburg NY. Directv has updated their website today showing local channel availability for WCAX CBS channel 3 HD based on my zipcode 05641. Others are reporting it is still 480i broadcasting.. Maybe tomorrow 10/2? Per email from WCAX General Manager they have been confirmed availability with Direct by 10/2..

Zeek - it's in the database, so if it's not on your receiver, it should be very soon.

The directv.com/locals is the database.

Try resetting your receiver too, sometimes (rarely) new channels don't show without a reboot.

Does anyone know what satellite the Springfield, MA locals are on? I have troubles with 119 during the summer and early fall (leaves).

Thanks

In the Springfield-Holyoke DMA, Channel 6 (Fox) is a substation of Channel 40, the ABC affiliate. They just started this summer, and, as far as I know, they are not yet broadcasting in HD. Local cable carries standard definition Channel 6 and HD Fox from Hartford's Channel 61 (outside the DMA).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)